FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBirthdays - ideas and keeping up with the

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 11:05pm
We do birthday parties every year - it's DD's special day and we would like her to be treated like it is her special day. The last few yrs she has had her birthday out somewhere (Chipmunks, McDees etc) but next year it will be at home. We also have the problem of it being in the xmas holidays so we have a family lunch at home (with the grandparents, aunties and uncles and cousins) and then follow up a month later with a friend one.

I just found out that my sister doesn't even bake a cake or ask her daughter if she wants a friend over for her birthday - now I know why my niece acts the way she does. They don't treat her like she is special enough to even have a cake or anything for her. I don't even think they get her presents.
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 9:40am
Thanks for all the ideas and advice guys, have stored it away for future birthdays!

Ella had a fab party in the end, We had balloons hanging down from the ceiling, petals and sparkly streamers all over the floor. DH reckoned it looked like Lady Gaga exploded in our living room! We organised some of the old favourite games, pin the crown on the princess, pass the parcel, lolly scramble but as it turned out they were happy enough to spend the whole time playing with Ella's toys in her bedroom. We had to convince them to stop long enough to come up and eat!

Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2010 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

making it a dress up party is free and fun... or a disco. i think someone on here did one once. get coloured lights for the lounge and shut the blinds! hang your xmas lights, especially if they flash!
get them to make some necklaces perhaps, you can pick up bead kits from the $2 shop. or get them to decorate their own cupcakes. we did that at an adults party recently and its fun!

you may find that they like the freedome of doing what they want too.

I had a disco party for Caitlyn's sixth ,was it me ? (sorry , I know this reply is abit late )
Was awesome,we just got disco balls from the $2 ,and had the music playing ,kids just danced all over the place,ate ,danced somemore ....they all had a great time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12