FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBig News! (And no, I’m not pg!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big News! (And no, I’m not pg!)
    Posted: 29 May 2006 at 9:49am
Well, I'll just spit it right out! We've decided to stop TTC, and put a baby on our 2 year plan.

It all started last week, when I quit my job. A few days later a friend contact me and said he'd put my name in the hat for a PA role and for me to send my CV in. I wasn't interested and just dropped the person an email saying that I'd been told about the position by person x who had talked to her about me, that I had a background in legal and that if she wanted to contact me. Well, the next day she had me in for an interview. I don't know if I'll get the job - I want it, but I don't need it. But, I am still really excited about my possibilites now, and we've decided to live life for ourselves a bit longer. Al was afraid that I was using a baby to get out of my job, which I hate, and he might be right to a small extent. Ultimately, we both want to be selfish for a bit longer, and I'm only 27, so we can be ...and, of course, maybe level a bit more of a hit at the mortgage which'll come in handy!

So, there you go! Woah!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 9:53am
Wow! If that's what is right for you at the moment, then good on you for making such a difficult decision. I hope you'll still hang around here! We need nutty people like you and me
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
mum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 9:55am
hope you get the job, my friend and her hubby stoped TTC and the feel preg. a few months later you never no

Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:02am
Hey that's great news ginger - hope you get the job and you never know by keeping yourself occupied with other things you may fall pregnant
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:18am
Awesome stuff ginger spesh if thats what you wanna do at least you have it all sorted out I hope you get the job
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:19am
i always remember when me and hubby decided to stop ttc too, jan 2001, that month we got pregnant after 18 months ttc!! lol, all the best
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 1:14pm
Good luck with the job Ginger. It will be a weight off your mind to stop TTC for a while I'm sure. Keep us up to date with your news!
Lou
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 2:09pm
Thanks everyone!
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 4:23pm
< language=> Yay Ginger. Honey do whatever is going to make you happy (do note i didnt say sane LOL) and you never know what is round the next corner. Good Luck sending lots of Job vibes your way. & If you do stop TTC you better stick round otherwise I will hunt you down & bop you over the head with your ladel (and if you wont give that one to me I will do it with my own ORDINARY black handled one )
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
mum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 4:24pm
what is this thing about the ladel?

Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 4:40pm
< language=> Read the post the ladle part 2 in the main forum section under TTC otherwise Im sure Ginger will be more than happy to fill you in ....
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 4:00pm
Oi! I think I'd rather be bopped with my own ladle Binkas Mum I'm a woman of style after all

The job hunt is proving interesting - I've applied for everything from HR assistant at Nestle to a file manager with the NZ Police I'm just kind of chucking my CV at anything that looks interesting! Well, within reason - I have an interview on Tuesday, and I sent out 3 job applications today. Now it's just wait and see!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:18pm
Good luck ginger i hope you get something soon
 Post Reply Post Reply