FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChampagne breakfast ideas!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champagne breakfast ideas!
    Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:27pm
I am hosting a Christmas morning champagne breakfast for the first time at home for my husband's family. so far i have thought of poached and scrambled eggs, bacon and breakfast sausages done on the bbq, croissants and camembert, fruit salad and yoghurt, oh and some strawberries for the champers! Oh and what kind of bubbles do you all suggest.

Edited to add the word Christmas!

Edited by Bizzy

Sponsored Links

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:34pm
oh yum...thinking now
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:55pm
Yum sounds perfect already!! Probably recommend the lindaur frais I think it is called - the pink one
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 5:07pm
Snap on the lindaur its the nicest bubbles and everyone that drinks bubbles likes it. Great stuff for cheap plonk.

Half tomatoes and portobello mushrooms on the bbq too.
champagne ham to go with the croissants

[/url]

Angel June 2012
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 5:09pm
HASH BROWNS.......how could you forget them!!
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Kelz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 5:15pm
If you're doing poached eggs already....a little blob of Hollandaise sauce on top would be yum!

Also crepes (pancakes) are yum and easy....mix up the batter before everyone arrives - have a bottle of maple syrup handy and some lemon slices and sugar to go on top.
Can cook them on bbq or inside.

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 5:16pm
Are we talking xmas champagne breakfast??

You could do ham steaks - the ham has to be used on xmas day!!

I was just thinking I needed to post something like this too
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 6:28pm
Ooops yes Bel a xmas champagne brekkie.

Kel do you buy them or make them?

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 6:53pm
I always like to have smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels for Christmas breakfast,..but thats just for us, lol!
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 7:23pm
ooh if you are doing mushrooms on the bbq, the best ever ones i have had were the big portobello mushys with feta crumbled over the top.... om nom nom!
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 8:13pm
Mmm, or the mushrooms with blue cheese melted on. YUM!
UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 9:29pm
Lots of good ideas I would go with just 3 things. I would keep it simple just do one type of egg.

Homemade hollandaise sauce poached eggs and bacon (ham if you feel is more xmasy) on english muffin.

Blueberry pancakes with real maple syryp

Tropical Fruit salad

Would be tempted to do Kelz suggestion cream cheese and salmon on bagel but really only MIL and myself would like that. Men in family would rather have sausages and hash browns.

See already so much stuff I couldn't eat all that for one breakfast...

Wine - Banrock station moscato frizzante its reasonably sweet but not too sweet and lite in alcohol. Think 2.7 standard drinks in the full bottle. I wouldn't like to drink full strength alcohol too early. Also its a bit bubbly but not to much as also don't think I would like fully fizzy in the morning. Its also under $10!

Hey we should do a thread on our fav wines under $10 or $15

Edited by jules1980
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 10:03am
Originally posted by jules1980 jules1980 wrote:

Hey we should do a thread on our fav wines under $10 or $15

Good idea jules!

I just remembered something my Uncle made at our families xmas brekkie last year. He mixed 1 bottle champers with 1 small tub of sorbet. Made a really yummy and refreshing drink.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 6:42am
sparkling grape juice for the kids, that's what we do & they call it Christmas wine
Doublemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doublemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 7:25pm
We used to have bacon, mushrooms and onion in crossiants ( chop meduim sized and quickly pan fried or on BBQ)
Only problem is its hard to stop at one!!!
Kelz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Doublemama Doublemama wrote:

We used to have bacon, mushrooms and onion in crossiants ( chop meduim sized and quickly pan fried or on BBQ)
Only problem is its hard to stop at one!!!

Oh Yum! We used to do that too...with cream cheese on a warmed croissant

Thanks for the reminder!!

blessedmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blessedmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 8:02pm
Yum, yum, yum! I'm getting hungry hearing all these ideas.

I need to think about breakfast for us. I think my favourite is still croissants with ham and cheese and a decent coffee. May have to consider deviating to the bacon, mushroom and onion idea though!
SethsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SethsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 8:48pm
Chocolate truffles or christmas cake bonbons...yeah i'm a bit of a sweet bites person!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 8:54am
Mmmm.. I saw the yummiest recipe for Christmas cake truffle type things on Nigella's Christmas, I'm definitely trying those this year but they will be after lunch for us!

For breakfast we will probably do the croissants with ham and cheese or pancakes and yes - some really good coffee! Thanks for the reminder blessedmama, must put it on the shopping list. Our espresso machine was the best purchase ever and no doubt it'll be getting a workout on Christmas morning.

Post Reply Post Reply