FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMeatball tips and tricks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meatball tips and tricks?
    Posted: 18 October 2010 at 4:51pm
Does anyone want to share their tips and tricks for great meatballs?

I saw on rachael ray the other day that she cooked her onions slightly before adding them...

Sponsored Links

_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 5:51pm
Does getting them from a packet count???
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 6:26pm

I quite often saute onion, garlic and sundried tomato before adding them.  I use a bit of tomato sauce to bind because I find egg gives quite a strong flavour.  I always use copious amounts of dried italian herbs (yum) and I glaze with a mix of tomato and soy sauce before often baking.

Tonight  i made lamb meatballs and after glazing I sprinkled roast lamb seasoning over the top - so tasty.

MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 7:37pm
for anything to do with mince that requires binding the meat (like meatloaf, rissoles, meatballs etc)...

use ice cold water. (from the fridge, add some ice cubes, or freeze until its got that icy layer and is super super cold!

1kg mince = a good 1/2 cup of ice water.

if you do that you dont need flour or egg. egg can make it lumpy.

(use your hands) to mix all your meatball/loaf/pattie/rissoles and slowly add the water and mix it through really really well!

something to do with the cold water reacts with the protiens and makes it bind together.

mmmmm meatloaf lol

also porcupine meatballs....

normal meatball recipe you use, plus some half cooked rice. (still want it a bit crunchy so it doesnt fall apart or smuch when you mix it in) mix the rice through the mince. (do the water trick too lol) shape into meatballs and cook in your sauce like normal. the cooking in the sauce finishes cooking the rice

yum!
 Post Reply Post Reply