FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFoley catheter induction?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foley catheter induction?
    Posted: 15 September 2011 at 7:34am
I posted in the pregnancy section but thought I might get a few more responses here

I am booked in for an induction on Sunday and because of my previous induction ending in an emergency c-section the hospital will only use the foley catheter induction. Has anyone had one of these? How was it and what was the outcome. I'm hoping for a better outcome than last time.
Sponsored Links

Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 5:35pm
I haven't had one, though I was booked for one before going into labour on my own with DD. The main thing I've heard they are a bit (or more) uncomfortable. As you may know (if they gave you the brochure they gave me) they fall out at 3cm, so more of a starter than a progresser. I was going to be allowed to go home overnight with mine. Hope it works out for you.
7/2010, 10/2012 and 1/2015

jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:06pm
Thanks for that- unfortunately I won't be able to leave the hospital (their policy at present). Am hoping baby will come but it's not looking likely at this stage. Bugger these late babies!
Allysbelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allysbelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2011 at 5:47pm
hey i had 1. 3weeks ago.
i was 13days overdue when they put it in.
i think it was about 4pm on the wednesday and on thurs morning at 2:50am my waters broke.
and i started having contractions 5-10min apart.
by 8am they were 2-5min apart
went to the hospital at 11am i was 3cm dialated
and by 5pm i was still 3cm dialated.
so they put an epidural in and the induction drip thingy. few hours later i was 6cm dialated
but by midnight i was still 6cm dialated. so had to have an emergency csection
my baby was posterior and was 10pound 5ounce. i am quite small so he was a huge baby.
hope i dont scare u. i had quite a hard labour and i dont think it was anything to do with the catherder but tht bubs was the wrong way around and was so big.
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2011 at 6:03pm
Thatnks you didn't scare me- I ended up having one and t didn't work either- no dilation and ended up with a c-section.
 Post Reply Post Reply