FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormula and farting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wellygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formula and farting
    Posted: 05 October 2009 at 7:45am
We've started giving my 15 week old DD a bottle of formula at night, partly to wean her off the boob a bit before I go back to work part time in November. But it seems to give her bad gas and she'll wake up farting for several hours afterwards. We're using Karicare Gold. Does anyone have any suggestions for a different brand, or ways to relieve gas in babies? I read you're not supposed to give soy formula to babies under 6 months.
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 7:49am
Issy couldnt stand any "gold" formula but coped well on the normal ones
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
skp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:11am
our DD is on karicare goat and has been fine on it, i thing the gold ones are richer with the DHA etc might be a bit much to start?
Lou1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lou1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 5:54pm
We were usung S26 gold and bubs had problems with constipation and farting etc.Switched to ordinary S26 and all was good.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 6:05pm
As the others said, young bubs find gold formulas hard to disgest but you could also try switching brands. Different brands react differently with different bubs. For example for daniel.. Karicare gave him massive wind probs, nuture gave him constipation, S26 had no issues at all
hannibal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:22pm
I'd try the basic Karicare - I used to use the gold and had problems, there are a lot of fish oils in the golds. I swapped to the more basic and didn't have the same problems. Apparently there aren't any benefits to giving them the golds and the basics are cheaper too.

Edited by hannibal
 Post Reply Post Reply