FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSuddenly HATES the Bath!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suddenly HATES the Bath!
    Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:44am
Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on our latest development ...

Amy has started to cry when she is in her bath ... not straight away, but after a few minutes. She'll scream and cry whereas she previously loved the bath and would only cry when we took her out!

She has a touch of cradle cap and dry skin around her jawline ... could this be getting sore? We;ve tried altering the temp up and down slightly but nothing seems to make a difference. And, seeing as she has always hated coming out of the bath, getting dried and getting dressed, it's not as if she stops crying when we take her out! Argh!
Sponsored Links

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:52am
It wont be the cradle cap or dry skin. Caden did the same thing, he LOVED his baths, and then when he got to about Amys age he would scream and hated his bath time. I was stumped!
But then he just randomly started to like them again and now he is fine...

Maybe just check the water temp, maybe its too cold for her now shes a bit older? We started making Cadens a lil warmer and he really likes it.
Do you have her on one of those support thing? If not maybe try one of those, and also i found putting a flannel over cadens tummy helepd him feel more secure and i was pour water on his tummy.

Good Luck!

ETA-oops just realised you tried the temp thingy sorry lol

Edited by Sheza

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 3:22pm
I always had baths with my little ones - mainly cause I hated bending over to bath them by themselves, so maybe this could be an option! the kids loved it and kicked about BUT i needed another pair of hands so I could pass baby onto them and dry myself. tried it alone a few times and ended up cold and shivery, dripping wet, naked and dressing the kid.
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 3:51pm
Thanks for the advice guys. These babies really are mysterious creatures aren't they!?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 4:07pm
both my boys went thru a hating bath stage, then got over it by themselves. i think it can be related to the plug sometimes too tho.

Rackhell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rackhell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 10:24pm
Sometimes putting bubba into the bath face forward makes it easier for them to realise what's happening and could reduce their anxiety.
 Post Reply Post Reply