FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAdult teeth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adult teeth
    Posted: 20 December 2011 at 10:44am
DD (5.5yrs) has her first wiggly tooth. It is quite wiggly although not in a "gonna fall out any day now" kinda way. The tooth next to it is slightly wiggly aswell. Her adult tooth behind the wiggly one is already growing and is big enough that she can touch it with her top tooth ITMS? It is quite far back and on an angle - I assume because the baby tooth is still there. So my question is do we need to see a dentist to get the baby tooth out? Once the baby tooth is gone, will the adult tooth just move into the correct position and hopefully be straight? I would ring the school dental nurse but of course it's the holidays lol. Not sure if I could just ring a dentist or whether they would want to see her regardless of whether it is necessary or not    Oh and it looks like the other adult tooth behind the not so wiggly one is ready to break through aswell but I don't think it is going to be as far back.
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Sponsored Links

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:24am
I am not sure if it is something to worry about - Amy's teeth are still firmly in place! But I would ring a local dental clinic to ask their opinion.

Don't you love how these things never happen during 'normal' business' hours!

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 1:03pm
Our school dental service here is still running throughout the holidays to cover all the whole area for emergency care only- u could ring the school and ask who to contact or ring a dentist and ask them.
As far as I know the adult teeth should be coming up under neath the baby tooth and push it out as the adult one grows in its place-
I have no experience tho other than with my own teeth- when I was 13 it was discovered that I still have a baby eye tooth, and x-rays revealed the adult tooth was in gum in the roof of my mouth, so was never gonna push the baby one out like it should!
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:22pm
Thanks, I'll try ringing someone and see what they say. Alot of conflicting things on google - some say their child had them pulled but others say leave them alone and once the baby tooth falls out, it corrects itself. It looks quite similar to this I found on Google here
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:33pm
That article makes a lot of sense and pretty much answers your Q! Isla cant wait to loose her first tooth, lol, none wiggly yet tho! She did get her baby teeth quite early, I wonder if this is any indication on how quickly she loses them? She had 4 teeth by 5months and all of them by 18months!
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 5:18pm
Alia's have all just fallen out & the others appeared in the correct place, gross while they're still hanging there, gives me the creeps! It can take a week if not longer sometimes.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Free2BeMe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Free2BeMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2012 at 6:44pm
I know this is a bit off topic (sorry) but my 8 yr old son has not lost ANY teeth yet... That's quite old isn't it????
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2012 at 6:51pm
I have no idea really what the normal range is- I thought 6 years was about "normal" but my friends 4 1/2yr old DD has lost 2 recently.
You could always ring the school dental nurse/mobile school dentist and ask them, or ask when DS next sees them. I doubt its a problem tho.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 3:45pm
The later they lose teeth the better apparently. DP was 12 before he lost his first teeth. I was 4 and have bad teeth! DP has perfect teeth with no fillings
 Post Reply Post Reply