FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtortilla wrapsdoes anyone have sugg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tortilla wrapsdoes anyone have sugg
    Posted: 03 May 2009 at 2:04pm
does anyone have any cool ideas of other things to do with these, especially vegetarian.????

thanks...

rats, stupid laptop typed in the wrong place and now i cant edit the heading.. grr..

Edited by Bizzy

Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 2:49pm
i have a sandwhich press, and i fill them with whatever i feel like and then put them in the press and toast them for a little bit.

my favourite fillings are

lettuce, cheese and tomatoe
spag bol
cooked chicken and veges
you can practically do anything

i use them to make lasagna (use then instead of the pasta sheets)

i makes chips out of them to go with hummus and dips...just cut them into triangles and sprinkle with garlic salt and a little oil, or just leave them plain, and put them in the oven for 10mins until crisp

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:11pm
vegetarian burittos are fab, with kidney beans, onion, capsicum and the usual mexican spices yumm!

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Kirstine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 12:00pm
quesadillas - use beans (black/kidney/refried), fried ontion, cheese, and diced whatever else you fancy - tomato, capsicum etc. with some mexican type spices. layer filling thinly between two tortillas, lightly brush with oil then pan fry both sides till a little golden.

burritos - beans again, or do a vege one with fine diced capsicum, mushroon, onion, zucchini, or corn, can tomatoes simmered down to thick sauce (again with some chilli spices) then roll up with any/all of - lettuce, grated cheese, tomato, avocado, grated carrot, capsicum etc.

breakfast burrito - scrambled egg, baked beans or potato hash, maybe pan fried mushrooms, grated cheese, tomato ? roll up in warmed tortilla - yum any time of day

tortilla chips - brush lightly with oil, cut into wedge chip shapes and warm in oven till crispy. dip in quacamole.

kebab - make felafel or buy ready made mixture. then put in warmed tortilla with salad stuff, tzatiki or hummus etc.
Kirstine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 12:10pm
curry wrap - make a chickpea curry, or a potato cauliflower indian curry, roll up in wraps.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 7:19pm
Ooooh I might make breakfast burritos
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 8:53pm
Mmmm, we had those for dinner stuffed with mixture of mince, beans and tomatoes; topped with lettuce, avocado and sour cream - yummy!
You could try just with cooked beans in spicy tomato sauce and topped with shredded lettuce, avocado, grates cheese & sour cream.
You could add lentils or swap the beans for those.
Gina eats them plain with just a piece of avocado rolled in

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 8:58pm
YUM! Great ideas. Good question!
TansP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TansP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:19am
I fill mine with:
Hummus, grated carrot, lettuce, cucumber, bean sprouts and combo mix, avocado etc.. At the moment i am really into adding grilled haloumi (cheese) but I find if I add enough salad ingredients that it's more than enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply