FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMS Office

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MS Office
    Posted: 10 September 2010 at 2:24pm
Does anyone know where you can buy MS Office from and the price won't cripple you? I only want to use Word and Excel some of the time, for home budget etc and both are so much easier to use than my current programs.

I have got prices but they are $200+ . Someone at PC told me to ask for educational pricing but even with educational pricing it is $250 at Noel Leeming and I definately can't afford that
Lindsey

Sponsored Links

KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 4:44pm
I bought mine off tm (brand new). I wanted outlook so had to go for the home and business version. I think it retails around $400 and I got it on TM for $280ish. Last time I looked, they had heaps of the student ones on there
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 4:55pm
I got MS Pro academic (for uni) for $99 I had student edition so word and excel but needed access so pretty stoked when I found out I could download the whole pro packaged for $99 but you need a tertiary student email address, so if you know someone with one that you can use then try lapshop.co.nz. When you got told to ask for student price that's probably what they mean some places do special prices for tertiary students where as what you were probably told was the MS Office Student package (word, excel, one note) price.

Or I found this MS Office

Check out http://www.pricebuy.co.nz/ it lets you compare prices

Edited by HoneybunsMa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 8:16pm
No apparently because I have kids and they use the computer I can get the software at an education discount. Oh well *sigh*

I had looked briefly at TM KH25, will have another look Thanks
Lindsey

HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 3:46pm
What are you using now? I had open office on the computer before I got MS Office its basically office but free takes a little bit to get used to

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 10:11pm
Elle I have Open Office but I am just not used to it and find it frustrating sometimes. I have a cookbook to put together for a Playcentre fundraiser and was hoping to put it into Word. Oh well will perservre with Open Office
Lindsey

amalia201966 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalia201966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2016 at 11:10pm
myfullhouse is right!!! Only if you want to use Word, you can use Open Office, which is easy as Word
 Post Reply Post Reply