FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmidwife gift???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Keleho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keleho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 8:47pm
My midwife came very highly recommended and it was pretty aparent why - she was awesome! On top of that, she seemed to be a lot more available and supportive than friends mws seem to have so I really wanted to say thanks with a gift of some kind.

I got stuff from Lush for my mw a well and she thought they were great. Added bonus is I ordered online and it came pre wrapped - no real effort made
I gave it to her on our last visit.

ETA I also gave her a couple of photos of bubs, which i think she appreciated more than the smellies

Edited by KerryLea
Sponsored Links

Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 9:29pm
My midwife was just a gem! I guess I never thought about not giving a gift
First time round I ended up with 4 teams at high risk looking after us, and I really appreciated the personal service and attention during my second pregnancy - even though I was booked for an elective c section
http://lilypie.com]
Bambino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 11:01am
I loved my MW ... she was awesome. Gave her a gift basket of indulgent girly things... organic soaps and moisturisers etc.
mum2QTs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2QTs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 8:14pm
I didn't give our first MW anything as really wasn't happy with the service or care we received and didn't feel any connection with her, she was just doing her "job"

My next MW which we used for our 2nd and 3rd baby i loved so got her one of those silver baby in the hand things with a card, and tis time round i've got a deskcalender for her with photos of my children and a few other babies she has delivered as a few of friends have also used her
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 1:47pm
mum2QTs, that's a lovely idea with the desk calendar.

I think some midwives do go the extra mile - I know mine definitely did so I felt like doing something for her in return. She did many things for me that weren't in her 'job description' like bringing me treats from muffin break when I was feeling down, bringing some food for me when I was in labour, getting me heaps of extra support etc.

As a student midwife, what I love best is when someone gives me a little card with a photo of bubba on it - I put them in my special 'babies' album and I love looking through it. My favourite ones have a photo, date of birth (so I can remember the circumstances) and usually a little comment or two. I love my baby book I wish I was able to have a picture of every baby because even though it's "a job" they are all special to me.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2011 at 5:52pm
I'll definitely give my midwife a gift of some description, as I'm pretty sure I fit into the category of an annoying client (hehe), but it will depend how labour goes and how much extra work she has to do as to what I get her, maybe a voucher for a hair treatment and blow-wave or something like that.
I'm on the list as a yes to have a student midwife at the birth, so she'll get a smaller version of what my midwife gets, and they'll both be mentioned in the birth announcement in the paper.

Unsure what to get my birthing partner, he'll definitely deserve something, haha.
Apart from having loads of snacks and things for him during labour, I'm not sure what to get as an after-gift.
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2011 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by LittleBug LittleBug wrote:

She did many things for me that weren't in her 'job description' like bringing me treats from muffin break when I was feeling down,

Yea, that's definitely going above and beyond - totally worthy of a present! What a sweetie.

MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Bowie Bowie wrote:

Oh and mine hinted that she normally gets a gift at her second to last visit so i was determined not to after that lol.

No way!!!!!! that is so rude.

I really liked my midwife but like others have said she was just doing her job, so I didn't feel compelled to get her a gift. I did send her one of our thank you cards when we did them.
shesmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shesmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Raspberryjam Raspberryjam wrote:

I bought mine a pedicure voucher, gave it to her at the last visit

Ditto!
fletch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 4:29pm
I gave mine a photo, some baking (she has 6 kids at home) and some smellies to spoil herself. She was great and always at the end of the phone for our odd questions and would visit anytime we were worried (and it always turned out to be nothing!!)

Some of them are just lovely and go beyond what they need to.
sweetknights View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetknights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 1:24pm
I had two midwife's ( am greedy me) And I was very happy with the support I received unfortunately neither were at the birth as she came so quick.. But I got one a book voucher as we were once talking about books and I knew she loved to read when getting free time and the other I got a bottle of wine and a mug with some fancy coffee with it xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12