FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBumgenius vs. Haute Pockets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bumgenius vs. Haute Pockets
    Posted: 13 September 2007 at 2:03pm
Hi all,
I know I've asked in another thread already about opinions on the bumgenius but I wanted to start a new topic to get feedback on both types from those that use them.

Advantages? Disadvantages? Good/Bad experiences?

This is for the OSFA types (not the AIO Bumgenius)

My dear friend has offered to gift me 12 of my choosing but I'm still undecided about which way to go.

Edited by Bobbie

Sponsored Links

Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 2:30pm
I have both of these in velcro. DH loves both of these pockets and I must say so do I. Have never had any problems fitting either of these. Both come with m/fibre inserts - BG with one and Haute with a snap together small and large one which we use in lots of our nappies. I think DH finds the Hautes easier to stuff but I do most of the stuffing.
There are more colour options for Haute plus you can get them in snaps or velcro while BG only have 5 colours and are velcro only.
Haute laundry tabs have sometimes come undone in the wash and never had this happen with BG but that's not too much...
Don't really have a preference either way but thought I'd tell you our experiences with them
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 1:49pm
Thanks Faraway - yeah I'm almost tempted to get some of each as I've heard good things about both and there doesn't appear to be a standout winner.

Really appreciate the input

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 10:41am
Ok now that i have personally tried both these out..
I think the bumgenius is alot better than the haute.

Because:
The microfleece stuff on the inside of the haute (which was brand new) kinda went funny after the second wash, kind of like old polarfleece. The bumgenius has a way better inner IMO
The outer PUL doesnt feel as soft and nice as bumgenius.
Mine leaked within an hour.
They are a way better fit for a newborn, Kylah is 6 and a half weeks old and the haute looked huge on here where the bumgenius looks small and snug and the inserts that come with them are excellent, they sit against both sides so it cant leak out the leg.. Also bumgenius have small velcro tabs and the haute have bigger ones and haute doesnt have the stretchy bit of material that makes for a snugger fit on the tabs.

Ok can you tell i really like my bumgenius.
Not to mention the colours are cute as!

(I have pics of her in a haute and bumgenius in the cloth bots thread)

Edited by LilAngel4Me
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 11:27am
I just bought a Haute, and am not really that impressed with it either. Doesn't seem to fit Alex very well. I think I will try the new bum genius instead.
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 11:30am
Ooh interesting! Thanks Kandice. I had a look at Kylah in the cloth bots thread (so cute) and yeah I can see why the Haute's would leak - she has slim legs (runs in my family too)

I know one person who has the Hautes and she's finding they're way too big for her little girl. My friend really would prefer to get me the BG's too.

*Edit to add* - thanks NicolaAnn too

Edited by Bobbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 11:36am
I only got my bumgenius last night and i can already tell that this is going to be a very worthwhile purchase.. I highly recommend them over the hautes, and iv also tried mommys touch, and to be honest i would bother whith them they are even worse.. IMO
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 11:41am
One of my good friends has haute pockets and she's not impressed with them either. She said they stain real easy and doesn't like the fleece fabric either.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 11:49am
Yeah i bought mine brand new it arrived saturday, i washed it on hot like the instructions said, when it came out it looked like my 6 month old peapods, the fleece on the inside goes all horrid.. as i said like old polarfleeces that have been washed a hundred times
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 12:25pm
We must've been quite lucky with ours then? Although I did notice this morning that on one of the openings for inserts the seam has come undone a little (not sure if wear and tear or DH's hand too big to fit in!)
mothersinstinct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothersinstinct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 10:40pm
Haute pockets are going to be having a few changes.

The nappy will be trimmer, the fleece will be non pill. The snap version will be the same shape at the front of the velcro version, rather than rounded tabs. The velcro tabs are going to be narrower. The new style should be here within 2-3 weeks.

Bum Genius have had some changes too. The new shipment I received in yesterday are all packaged in cute little zippered bags, with instructions on how to use wash etc. Improved tab construction, wick-proof tabs, pill-proof tabs and inserts that support three rise settings (small, medium, large).

HTH
Karyn
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 8:01am
Karyn, didn't the old inserts support 3 rises? The ones I have have 2 snaps - one for small, one for medium and leave unsnapped for large - what's changed??
(Sorry to thread-jack!)
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 8:32am
Hi Karyn,
Glad to hear about the new styles arriving. Hopefully you should have an order for the Bum Genius from a friend of mine shortly

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 9:23am
I am waiting on my bumgenius too - can't wait to try it. I understand they have changed them a little so hopefully even better than before
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
mothersinstinct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothersinstinct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Faraway Faraway wrote:

Karyn, didn't the old inserts support 3 rises? The ones I have have 2 snaps - one for small, one for medium and leave unsnapped for large - what's changed??
(Sorry to thread-jack!)

Yeah the inserts have been changed for a few months, they used to have just the one snap setting. They are just listing that as one if the changes that have been made.
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 12:27pm
Cool thanks for clarifying!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 12:01pm
i won a haute pocket recently in the nappy hunt.....still waiting for it to arrive, should be next week........maybe i'll be selling it

Post Reply Post Reply