FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHamilton babies 2013/2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Babycakes1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycakes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hamilton babies 2013/2014
    Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:03pm
Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Hamilton from Auckland in December and our first baby is due mid Jan 2014.
I don't know a single soul in Hamilton so am keen to find out if there are any meet up mums groups established. Or in fact anyone who'd like to meet other new mums.
Also does anyone belong to the Hamilton Parents Centre? I am thinking of joining as a way to meet others and then when baby is a bit older join is the music groups etc.

Look forward to hearing from any other Hamilton mums

Edited by Babycakes1 - 14 August 2013 at 1:03pm
Sponsored Links

Lee_sa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee_sa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 8:20pm
Hi,

I'm not in Hamilton but live nearby and I go there quite regularly. I have a 4 year old and am due in March 2014 with my second. Would be keen to chat and meet up for a coffee sometime with anyone in the Waikato area.

Also I'm not sure about the parents centre but contact plunket as they have they have a play group and a new mothers group. If you can't find the info online call them and they will send you a newsletter with all the info on the groups they offer.

Hope that helps a little :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycakes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:36pm
Hi Leesa,

Thanks for your reply.
Will look into plunket.
We move to Hamilton early December so will get in touch then. Do you live far from Hamilton?

Lee_sa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee_sa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2013 at 12:19pm
I live near Huntly so a little way away but come to Hamilton at least once a week so we could meet up sometime pretty easily if you wanted :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycakes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2013 at 6:05pm
Hi Leesa
Sorry I never replied, don't know what happened there.
Would be great to meet up when we are both in Hamilton!
Time is going quick and it will be time for the move before I know it.
How is your pregnancy going? I'm getting impatient to meet my little man in January.

Allysbelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allysbelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 6:11pm
Hey we are in Hamilton. We moved up from Chch 18 months ago.
I have a 2 yr old and a 10.5 month old.
We don't many know many people here either so would be cool to meet some more ppl.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycakes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 8:38pm
Hi ally_cat

Cool, how are you liking Hamilton? We were actually there for the day today looking at possible houses.
I'm super keen to get settled and would be great to have some people to meet up with.

Will revisit this thread after we have moved and get in touch,

happy long weekend.

A
Allysbelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allysbelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 9:48pm
Hey.
It's ok. I miss Chch as all my family and friends are there. I have met a few nice ladies who I see regularly. It just takes time to meet and make new friends.
Hope the move goes well and look forward to meeting you. :)
Sarah56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 12:24pm
Hi, I have a 5month old and there are many groups you can join. I would recommend the plunket walking group where you can do 1hr walk with mothers and coffee afterwards. You can also go while your pregnant too. Also available is SPACE, it's an organisation that gets mums (mainly 1st time mums) together weekly with their bubs and talk about a range of parenting/baby topics. You are together with babies born within the same time. You should be able to find more info about these if you look online. Hope your pregnancy is going well and the summer isn't too hot for you.
CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 3:13pm
I recommend the Chapel Hill Playgroup in Cate Rd, Rototuna. Lovely Mums and bubs.

Judith134143 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judith134143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2013 at 12:59pm
I know lots of people in hamilton and have a successful business helping mums make income from home.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycakes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 5:45pm
Hi again hamilton mums

How are we all?
Thanks for all the tips about the groups, we are all set up here now so I will look into them, I wonder if some are winding down for end of the year.
SPACE looks really good I think I will sign up for that.
Julia97379 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia97379 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2014 at 7:08pm
Hi my partner and I moved to Hamilton from Auckland 1 year ago and have an 8 month old and another due I'm may. We are yet to meet new people also. Would love to catch up with some new mums
madeye81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madeye81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2014 at 4:37pm
Hi there. I am in Hamilton and would love to catch up with you guys. I have a one year old boy. Would anyone be keen to meet up next week? what about starting a FB group so its easier to sort catch ups?
Looking forward to hearig from you
Laura
Julia97379 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia97379 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2014 at 6:14pm
Hi cool, I just created one called New Mums Hamilton NZ. Otherwise you can search for me under Julia Petersen :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply