FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYoung Mums on the North Shore?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OurWeeMiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OurWeeMiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young Mums on the North Shore?
    Posted: 15 January 2014 at 10:58am
Hi there,
I am a young mum, EDD July 7th. My Boyfriend and I are still in school- he's seventeen, I'm sixteen and will be seventeen too a month before baby's EDD. He lives in Whitianga and I don't get to see him much as his mother isn't very supportive of our wee babe. She thinks I'm ruining his life, so she tries her best to stop him from seeing me or being there for our baby. Since he is far away- I live in North Shore, Auckland- i've found it really hard, especially since I had to leave my school and am starting correspondence in February...
I feel so alone, and there doesn't seem to be many young mums-to-be in my area.
I also can't seem to find any support or reading material for my boyfriend, as he is terrified- yet excited. Any ideas for good reading material or support for young dads?

We are moving in together next year as this is his last year at school and he wants to move to Hamilton for university.

I was wondering if there are any other young mums-to-be in the North Shore area and if anyone would like to make a coffee group or something?
Sponsored Links

Dot2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dot2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 12:59pm
Hi OurWeeMiracle,

I'm not a young mum (I'm 29) but I am on the North Shore, so if you ever wanted to catch-up for a coffee & a chat I'm happy to. No matter what age you are having a baby its scary and its important you have a support network. Plunket might be able to offer some advice as well? Otherwise it could be worthwhile joining North Shore Parents Centre - they run some really great classes and also have antenatal and coffee groups.

My hubby read a book called "Call me Dad" (http://diyfather.com/callmedad) when we were expecting our first, its written by an NZ Dad, for NZ Dads. He found it great as its written in man language.

Good luck! Remember you're not alone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OurWeeMiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2014 at 7:35pm
That could be nice, yeah. I showed my boyfriend the book and I think he might be buying it :)
Mouki136013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mouki136013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2014 at 4:22pm
These two were conceived naturally, and kept around with the aid of low dose aspirin and progesterone pessaries.
magpieness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magpieness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2014 at 2:24pm
Hi OurWeeMiracle,
I'm not young either (27) but I'm also on the shore and wouldn't mind catching up if you would like? EDD is 18/8/2014. I'm studying 1 paper at uni, while working full time and my husband grew up in Whitianga, we try get down there to visit his parents as often as possible. I would second the recommendation to join the parents centre if you are struggling to find support :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OurWeeMiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2014 at 4:50pm
Hey magpieness!
That could be cool. Young to me is more like... Anyone who is under my SILs age(she's in her early thirties and I don't get along too well with teenagers hahaha). If you want to catch up at some point my email is charlotte.ward146@gmail.com

or you can text me on 02108502827 :)
 Post Reply Post Reply