FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFood for 8mo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food for 8mo
    Posted: 23 August 2007 at 9:11pm
What do you feed your 8mo? And pleeeeese don't say "oh my baby only eats 1/2 tin of baby food and all the rest is bm/formula"

Kryssi eats heaps! But she is a bit fussy too, and I'm struggling for ideas of what to give her. So far, she's having:

mashed banana
mashed pear (from a can, in natural juice)
Watties tins 6-7mos (chicken & vege; beef & vege; custard; peach, apple and semolina)
marmite on bread
wine biscuits

I've tried several mixes of veges (carrots/brocoli/kumara/potato/pumpkin) and she'll eat them for one serve but then not again and goes back to her favourite Watties. She doesn't like crackers (the feel of dry crumbs, I think - she has a long tongue ). And then I just run out of ideas Help!
Sponsored Links

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 9:15pm
My SIL has just started giving my niece weetbix for breakfast with formula. She loves it

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 9:17pm
Luncheon, grated cheese or processed cheese slices, peach slices, kiwifruit pieces (lots of finger food)

I think some of these things are supposed to be for 9 months+, but I started Brenna on them at 8 months.

My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 9:21pm
What about kruskits (sp) I spread them with cheese spead,(laughing cow stuff) advocado. she loves jam sandwiches. She had scrambled egg the other day and loed that, and I know Plunket say wait for 12 months before doing whole egg, butshe loved it. Also what about milk pudding things like semolina, I make it up and add my own fruit puree to sweeten it, bit like the tins but I make it from scratch.
Then I also make a sweet cous cous for her. 1cup milk and 1 tablespoon cous cous, bring to boil and simmer until thickened, about 10 mins, then add fruit puree or sugar to taste. It makes enough for 2 meals, well 2 fay sized meals anyway
fay takes after her Dad and will eat anything so far but I have been trying to vary it a bit recently and she is loving the new things - she got a bit bored of parsnip and peas
I think i have been a bit quick with some of the things she has but no problems so far. she loves fruit, mandarin segments, plums, peaches and kiwi fruit

Edited by Redbedrock
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 9:35pm
jordis is a fussy madam, and wont eat any meat meals without an arguement, or anything lumpy. but yesterday and today she has had some fish fingers, and she loved them. had no problems eating them either.

she has also had kiwifruit, and was fully into that too.

i think tomorrow i am going to try her on pasta spirals (cooked of course) and see how they go. clearly we are going to skip a stage of solids and go straight to finger foods.
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 10:55am
Mmm lets see. Cant remember that far back but I am sure I started giving some finger foods that wont choke at all.

Cheese wedges as that was really soft for her and wont cause a choking hazard.

Avo was nice as well and have all the good stuff in for them.

Then teething rusks use to be a nice treat as well.

Pasta was always and is still a favourite. Then some broccoli for them to pick up by themselves. Same with baby carrots and some cauliflower.

McKayla use to have 3 feeds through the night. Morning porride. 10 O clock milk feed. 1 she had lunch which was yogurt and fruit ect. Didnt give mucch bread at this stage.

In between she will have a snack here and there. She really did eat small amounts through out the day. Milk feed at 2 again before 5.

Then food at night at 6. Use to give Purity (same as Watties just SA brand) We were busy moving so was difficult to give home made goodies. Then milk after bath which was at 7 and then 10 o clock feed again.

Post Reply Post Reply