FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChanging from breast to formula

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing from breast to formula
    Posted: 25 August 2007 at 10:32am

Edited by two_boys
Sponsored Links

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 11:30am
I've heard (my MW told me this) that cabbage leaves are wonderful at 'drying' up your milk...so much so that if you're still breastfeeding and you use them, be careful not to use them longer than 20 mins otherwise you won't have any milk left!! So, give it a try, sounds like it may be a perfect remedy to stopping your milk coming in...

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 1:46pm
slowly wean down how often you are feeding or expressing, if you stop suddenly, you'll be left with engorged breasts and by the sounds of things, you'd end up with more infections.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 2:36pm
Green poos are normal for starting a formula or changing to a new one. It takes their bodies a little while to adjust to something different.

Sam had dark green almost black poos when I changed his formula, but since going back to the Karicare Gold Plus, his poos are normal.

Good luck. I just dropped a feed each day and hand expressed a little in the shower at night under hot water to relieve the pressure.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 8:30pm

Edited by two_boys
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 5:21pm

Yee-ouch, that doesn't sound like it's been fun for you at all!  Hope the weaning goes well and you don't end up with another infection.  That's sooo not what you need when you've got a newborn!  I've been told that the cabbage leaves are most effective if you keep the cabbage stored in the fridge, and if it helps, my daughter had green/black poops for some time after starting on a formula.  Her dietician said it's OK. 

Andie
 Post Reply Post Reply