FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcoconut cream recipes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chovynz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chovynz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coconut cream recipes?
    Posted: 10 October 2007 at 2:09pm
I have a half used can of coconut cream in my fridge. I was wondering if you guyettes knew of any recipes that could use it up?

(I dunno why..."recipes" just looks wrong to me.)

Edited by Chovynz
Defending the male species since 1980
Sponsored Links

Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 3:05pm
Not off hand but you could try the recipe searcher on www.ecook.co.nz - Alyson Gofton's recipe website
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 3:42pm
mmmm you could do raro raw fish

put some FIRM white fish, chopped red onions in a bowl. Pour over some lemon juice (they say you can use white vinegar, but it's not as nice) and let sit in the frige (covered) overnight. Then drain, add cocnut cream, some chopped red peppers, and salt and pepper (you'll need a fair amount" - sometimes i put another squeeze of lemon over as well. we LOVE it. boys like it too (we eat it a lot at raro funerals and weddings - which reminds me - mmmm raw fish next weekend)

or just as thai paste to make a curry (warning: i once attempted to make my own curry paste - $30 and 4 hours later - tastes the same as the jar)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 3:45pm
mmmm lizzle raw fish... when i was little i thought it was called rufus cause thats what i thought my dads friend had called it...!!! i love raw fish in coconut cream!
josephnia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 4:39pm
I use it for satay sauce, 3tbs peanut butter, 1 tbsp soy sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar and half a can of coconut cream (something like that anyway, can't remember exact amounts) or you can always freeze it and use later. Oh yeah, totally forgot the best thing... pina coladas!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:05pm
if you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain? are you into yoga chovy?
Chovynz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chovynz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:50pm
um....random question. Not really into yoga Lizzle. Why the question?
Defending the male species since 1980
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:54pm
You could probably use it to make a soup by adding some veges (potatoes, pumpkin etc) and curry powder or paste...
 Post Reply Post Reply