FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow to cope on the EDD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to cope on the EDD
    Posted: 14 October 2007 at 6:50pm
I know that emmaohara has posted a similar post to this, but with my EDD fast approaching (7th Nov) I'm starting to feel a bit sad.
I keep seeing pregnant women everywhere (at least 1 a day - and thats on days I don't go into malls etc) and, like today when I went to the mall (which was reasonably quiet) I saw at least 10 ladies pregnant and so many with little babies probably only a few months old.
I thought that I would've already been pregnant again, after conceiving so quickly with our angel, but unless I am blessed at the end of this month, it seems like it will be forever away.

I'm not sure if it is because I am not pregnant again so close to my EDD is the reason that I feel sad, I often think that by now I would've stopped work and have prepared my hospital bag and had the babies room all ready.... DH doesn't seem to want to talk about it either and just changes the topic or tells me to stop 'going on about it'.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get through this time - any past experiences would be awesome.

thanks,
emma

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 7:59pm
No help here probably, but have found myself going through the same thing at the mo.. thinking i'd be stopping work etc, how excited the girls would be getting, thinking about xmas and getting the decorations for our girls for the tree and knowing we won't have another there this year (we are getting a new beautiful angel for the top instead). and for me, i know that it especially IS because i'm not pregnant again, and know that i won't get to be again unless mike gets brainwashed somehow. It's those empty arms at the end of it all that suck the most and ache the hardest.

Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 1:27pm
Big hugs! If it helps any, I WAS pregnant on my EDD and it still sucked the big one. I still resented being 10 weeks behind where I *should* have been, and seeing a friend have her bub who was due around the same time was hard. But it does get easier day by day, little by little.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 4:47pm
I second that...i am pregnant and was on my old due date and my friend had her baby then too..i was the same thinking I should have been 5 months ahead of where i was:( and now I'm branching out and meeting the girls who were in my old due date club..big step for me!
Mum to two amazing boys!
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 8:51pm
well lets hope I can follow your trend and find out I'm pregnant next week *fingers and toes crossed*

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Snickerdoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snickerdoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 6:54am
Good luck emachan

My boss' nephew was born on my EDD, so I found that pretty tough as he was all she could talk about (understandably!) for a long time. He is 2 and a half now and comes into my work quite often. But he is the CUTEST little boy and always brings a smile to my face.
Even though I'm pregnant again (fell pregnant around my EDD this year, funnily enough!) I still feel a little sad knowing this little girl would've been a little sister for our first wee angel.
But it does get easier.
I'm keping my fingers crossed for you ***hugs***

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 7:52am
Emma, I have my fingers and toes and all possible body parts crossed for you, its hard to be positive but I truely believe that you will get your baby soon, so hang in there girl

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 5:41pm
Thanks for your kind wishes! It means a lot!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 10:06pm
Well its now only a few days away from my EDD.
I have had a whole range of different emotions, from feeling frustrated, jealous of other mums and pregnant mums, angry and then the total opposite, like 'whew, I'm glad I don't have to worry about a baby 24/7 at the moment'.
It's really strange!
I met my nephew last night for the first time, he's just over 2 weeks old, was holding him thinking this should've been me! Pretty upsetting, but I got through it and was able to 'give' him back to his mum! then I had the feeling like, I'm glad I'm not stuck at home and I can do what I like... its a real rollercoaster. Especially as I'm NOT pregnant yet on my EDD.... so frustrating....

sorry just ranting!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
scarecrowfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarecrowfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2007 at 4:21pm
Em, I know how tough it is. I was there a couple of years ago. My EDD was 14 November 2005 so not too long after yours and I hadn't fallen pregnant again by that time. Like you I'd fallen pregnant quickly and then it was month after month of heartbreak and every month without conceiving broke my heart again. You get to the stage where you wonder whether you will ever be a mum.

The whole month before my due date was a super tough one. I remember one day just not going into work and crying and crying all day. I had the facility to work from home, but I'll be honest, almost nothing was done tha day. But after my due date passed it was almost a relief. I was no longer focussing on the dreaded due date and in a lot of ways it was easier to move on though it was still very painful at times. Also on my due date I purchased a couple of special little momentoes of my little one who wasn't to be.

Hugs to you! It's a lonely kind of grief. While you never forget your little one the pain will get easier though.

Robyn
www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply