FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJust got bfp but scared!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just got bfp but scared!
    Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:03am
Hi Ladies
I got a bfp yesterday, very excited since I thought I was going to need fertility treatment with my pcos, but I am also so so scared and paranoid after my missed mc back in July, I really really do not want to go through that again, thinking that I am 12 weeks and then finding out bubs died! How do people get through it the next time? and are there lots of tests for reassurance? I dont know if im that keen on an early scan as last time I had one 7w1d everything was fine and turns out baby died 7w2d how do people cope?
[/url]
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:07am
Oh hun!!! I havent been in your situation but I still worried every day of my pregnancy! All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS and try not to worry too much. I kept telling myself most pregnancies work! So sit back and enjoy!
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:45am
hey kye,

I cant answer your question but will be interested in the answer, as im sure when i get my bfp i will be excatly the same, im sure there will be loads of ppl here that can answer your question. Sending loads of sticky baby vibes and heres to a happy and healhty 9mths

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:50am
I was the same and i insisted on an early scan, there was no way i could go till 12 weeks and not know. The whole thing that I thought baby was still growing as normal but really they werent scared the sh*t out of my and i couldnt do it again. Whenever you have a scan theres always that risk in between and right up until bubs is born you always worry. Maybe try and hold off till about 8 weeks and then go for a scan.
Good luck
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 11:39am
Congratulation Kye, hope it all goes well. Can't offer much advise as I'm in the same boat (must be getting full) as Kaz. My 2 other mc were very,very early so was eaiser to carry on, but with the last one I also got thru to 12 weeks thinking everything was fine and telling others only to mc that week. Not too sure how we will deal with things when it happens for us again, prob wont be telling "others" maybe till we have 1st scan. 8 wks would prob be ok time to scan, bean would be about 2cm and able to see heartbeat.
Try not to worry too much - eaiser said than done I know
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 4:34pm
Kye. It's so scary isn't it. I don't know how I will manage next time I get pregnant but I hope that you manage to let go a little bit and enjoy these early stages of your pregnancy. Thinking of you.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:00pm
Big hugs. I went through days of stressing with Kryssi (I had m/c right before her) even beyond the same date but it came and went depending on other emotions as well as whether I felt anything odd. Don't have much advice though sorry.
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:48pm
Kye - when I get my BFP I will worry too, and already have asked my GP if I could get an early scan next time I get pregnant. She said that would be fine, but another option is getting your bloods done weekly or fortnightly. If I had them done at least fortnightly, I wouldn't have found out about my missed m/c at 12 weeks (bubs was 9 weeks) but earlier and maybe the pain wouldn't have been so great.......

But, ask for your Doctors reccommendation and do what feels best for you.

Good luck chicky!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 8:47am
Thanks ladies I went to the Dr last night and am going to have weekly blood tests so that will put my mind at ease I agree with you emachan. I have a feeling that this time will be different so fingers crossed at least with christmas just around the corner hopefully time will fly!
[/url]
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 8:58am
Hi Kye, with this pregnancy I requested bloods done weekly and it was a huge relief to see those figures going up and it keeps you sane as you have something each week to look forward to, mw doesn't mind at all, better than you calling her every 2 seconds stessing

Theres no way I could have gone from a 7 week scan to a 12 week scan without having a mini fit every day thinking what if bubba has gone

As soon as bubba starts moving all your fears ease slightly, so the last month has been the best fear wise for me, roll on 20 weeks I hear you cry!!

Another thing you can do is rent/ hire a doppler , a medical grade one, and then if you are feeling stressed just hearing the heartbeat makes you feel secure HOWEVER don't try it at 7 weeks like I did ( a bit early!!)

Good luck , and all the best

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 11:44am
i havent read all the replies..but after my missed miscarriage i just worried every day ... i got 2 early scans(one just because and one for spotting) and with each scan relaxed a little .. but i was worried stilll..people kept telling me to relax and i tried..but it is so hard:(!!! obviously as PP said..when he kicks it makes me feel better but i still worry a bit!

just be careful with doppler as if you have anterior placenta like me it's harder to hear and it makes you freak out more.. :( !
Mum to two amazing boys!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 7:24pm
Big hugs Kye, hang in there! We can be neurotic head cases together!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 3:09pm
Thanks ladies I recon Maya! roll on 12 weeks!!! I think im going to be a wreck waiting for every weekly blood test result lol! then at least can sit back and wait for the next week!

just had lunch with my friend who is 24 weeks pregnant, so cant wait for it to be me that far
[/url]
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 4:09pm
kye but then you get like me and worry he hasn't moved enough etc ;) i worry a bit less now but still worry !
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply