FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBleeding after D&C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleeding after D&C
    Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:23pm
Hey guys,
Thanks for sending me messages after my D&C. I know I haven't replied to anyone yet!!

Sorry if this post is TMI....

I wanted to ask what other's experiences have been like. After my D&C I bled lightly for a few days, then it went to really black, sticky blood for a couple, and then all but disappeared.

But now, it has come back again. It's still black and really thick, with some clots, and I am worried it is not normal. My D&C was a week ago today. I don't really have any pain, which is good.

I know you'll tell me to see my doctor, but I am in Aussie on holiday at the moment, so can't do so for another week.
Sponsored Links

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:49pm
Could you ring your doctor from Aussie maybe? Or do they have an equivalent to Health line?
Hopefully someone else on here will know more about it.
I am glad you are not having pain - and I hope you are still managing to have a good holiday despite all this.
Hope you find someone to ask.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 1:03pm
there is a post just a bit further down about what others experienced.. but i had little/no bleeding after it ..but bleed excessively at hospital so had an injection to stop it.. theres supposed to be like 20 days between the end of DandC bleeding and Af type blood.. if it was me i would ring doc anyway ( even if you are in aus) or go to a doc there.. even though that will be expensive..
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply