FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBAking Soda and Vinegar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BAking Soda and Vinegar
    Posted: 03 December 2007 at 7:22pm
I just stripped my nappies on the weekend, due to leaks, and did a wash with baking soda and vinegar after I stripped them, with a little tea tree oil mostly for scent. They came out whiter than white, much better than with the washing powder. Can you wash them like this each time???

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 7:47pm
Not really, vinegar does eventually degrade the laminate on the nappies if used a lot. So it's a once n a while thing with the vinegar.

I'm not too sure about baking soda though.
sunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 9:17am
what type of vinegar do you use?
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 11:16am
white vinegar
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 4:40pm
I *think* baking soda is ok to add to the wash to boost it. I used to sprinkly it over my nappies in my nappy bucket to help eliminate odours (before I bought essential oil). You could look at TNN for further advice?
 Post Reply Post Reply