FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked10 wk old baby wont sleep during the day!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 wk old baby wont sleep during the day!
    Posted: 01 January 2008 at 1:24pm
He's been like this since about 3 weeks old. He's so grumpy all the time because he wont sleep. He sleeps pretty good at night. During the day i can get him to go to sleep but he wont stay asleep for long. I usually have to feed him to sleep. He has reflux too. I've tried so many things but nothing works. I wont leave him to cry. Any suggestions??
Sponsored Links

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2008 at 1:34pm
All I can suggest is taking Kaelen to an Osteopath, they may be able to help??? I took Rex to an Osteo when he was 6 weeks old and that seemed to settle him down a lot (also helped with his reflux - he only had it a little bit though).

Good luck!
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2008 at 2:47pm
Or go to Mothercraft???? Or a FAMILY plunket day stay? They are great. Blake had reflux too - BAD.

Feeding him to settle him can make the problem worse as its the sucking and full tummy sensation that is temporary and then they get the reflux soon after - vicious cycle.

I have a friend who used a baby hammock for her baby with reflux that wouldnt sleep. Was a dream as she had twins - one was fine other baby slept in that.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2008 at 2:50pm
Daniel had reflux and the sleeping prob. We went to plunket family centre for a couple of days to get a bit of help and give me a break. In the end what I found worked was proping up the end of the cot, having it unbalanced and rocking his cot when he got worked up.

I agree with Kelpa, feeding him to sleep may well be making things a bit worse.

Is he on any meds for his reflux?
3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2008 at 7:59pm
I second the hammock - well worth the investment for a reflux baby. Our baby is still in one at nearly 5 months.
 Post Reply Post Reply