FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"I’m hungry"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "I’m hungry"
    Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:33pm

This is Andrew's latest phrase he is saying all the time. He is now eating more than me  but 20 minutes after eating a meal he says he is hungry. I am trying to get him to fill up on water but even after drinking a 750 ml bottle of water he is still saying "i'm hungry".

Any Ideas on what I can do with him???

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 2:29pm
no, cos Jake is doing it too, and its driving me BATS. "something to eat, something to eat" and "no, something else" AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 2:33pm
The only thing I can think of is add more protein to his diet. Protein fills you up for longer.
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 2:37pm
Ella often says this when she is bored. It gets so annoying when I know she can't actually be hungry!!
I try to set her up doing something to keep her busy and if she's still claiming starvation then I'll offer her something like an apple (very good at filling her up and also a sure fire way to tell if she's really hungry).
Maybe he's just growing though and needs some extra to compensate for that?
Other than that, have you wormed him lately?

Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:10pm

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines as mel and maybe worming him. Kids are hungry creatures tho and I think they burn off so much that the body needs more to keep going iykwim.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:18pm

He hasn't said anything about an itchy bum  - worms was the first thing I thought of, but no harm giving him a tablet.

I get what you mean, so much for my grocery bill going down while DH is away.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:02pm
I also tend to make Jacob up a plate to graze from, a sammie, rice crackers, shapes, fruit, cheese, and let him pick at it. I make sure its out of sight from about 4.30pm though, so it dosen't ruin his tea, although today he had a big plate of cold chicken and carrots at 5.30 and still ate a big plate of tea and was "hungry" at 8pm again...
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 9:59am
Charlottes a bottomless pit too- she tends to demand more when shes bored though!
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

gemsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 7:51pm
And they go through growth spurts where they eat almost adult portions but it tends to settle down a few days later. I find a bowl of fruit normally fills them up for a while. I currently have a four year old and a six year old who are permanantly hungry. And tomorrow I'll also have my six year old niece who is just about as bad. Hmmm. Might need to pop out to Countdown tonight to stock up .

razzmatazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 5:52pm
my two are constantly hungry too (5 and 8), and they eat as much as a grown up. mind you they do run about like headless chickens most of the day. it is amaziong how much kids can pack away though.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 8:46pm
If it's not at meal times, I offer something truely boring or they can wait til the next meal lol
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 8:49pm
Jake and Taine go through 4 yoghurts, and 5 apples AS SNACKS nearly everyday. they eat the whole thing - corfe and all ick ick, so it's not wasted, but my fruit bnill is astronomical. I keep telling them "apples are out of season, eat an apricot!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 8:55pm

So he's been wormed and still hungry as. Funny thing is I asked at daycare if he says it and the teacher I asked said that she has never heard him say it other than first thing in the morning just before morning tea. I'm pretty sure it is partly hungry and partly coz he is bored.

Post Reply Post Reply