FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1.30am Wake Up - help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.30am Wake Up - help!
    Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:29am
Cooper is a great day sleeper, he normally has at least two really good sleeps during the day, and he's really easy to put to bed etc.

At night he's given his last bottle between 8.00-8.30pm after he's had a bath and "daddy" time. For the past week and a bit he's been waking up at 1.30am and is really really thirsty and will quite easily drink a 150ml bottle, and fall straight back to sleep and will then wake anytime between 7am-8.30am.

A couple of books that I've read suggest that I should just leave him to resettle, but it's a little hard in our house as he sleeps in our room and we've got two other children, plus DH leaves for work around 7.30am and I don't think it's fair on him to have a screaming baby beside him.

He used to have a dummy but decided that he no longer needed it, and I wouldn't have a clue where they are? Not to keen on re-introducing it either.

I guess what I'm asking is how can I get my 9hr sleep baby back? I've tried giving him a 200ml bottle at bed time but he can't finish it and normally drinks only 100mls.

Any suggestions would be greatly accepted
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:40am
I would maybe try and dream feed him (or wake him up if need be) at about 10.30pm and instead of giving that bottle at 8pm push it back to 6.30pm and have him in bed by 7.30pm at the lastest. We did that for a while and it worked quite well.

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:43am
Is he on solids? He might be trying to tell you its nearly time!

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:47am
solids was my first thought too......is he showing any other signs of wanting solids during the day?

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:58am
Over the weekend we tried him on solids approx 5 teaspoons, once a day just to get him used to it. He took it ok. Have continued giving it to him once a day for now.

I've also tried the dreamfeed, around 10.30 but he woke at 2.30? So I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing wrong here?
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:04am
It can take a week or so for them to adjust when you change their routine, could also have been the heat maybe, do you offer water during the day?

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:52am
Yes I do; normally between feeds these days. He can drink anywhere from 50-100mls in one sitting. I think I'll do what you suggest Cuppatea, and bath him earlier and put him down at 7.30 feed at 10.30 and see what happens tonight.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 12:05pm
Also, when you start solids, it doesn't take long for their appetite to increase (Bella was on 2 solid meals after only a week!)

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 2:57pm
sounds familiar Mel and I was just at my antenatel coffeee group and ALL the babies seem to be doing 1am wake ups??????
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 6:48pm
It could possibly be the heat and that he is thirsty. I don't normally get thirsty during the night but lately with this heat I drink quite a lot when I get up to Jack at about 1.30am! It culd just go away once we have a reprieve from the heat?!
 Post Reply Post Reply