FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow long does it take?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long does it take?
    Posted: 13 January 2008 at 7:16am
I did a preggy test this morning, as i had expect to start miscarrying by now, in accordance to the doctors, but a line came up within 30secs ( not as dark as it was a week ago, but definitley there).

So im wondering how long it takes for hcg levels to go down, and i also know this means that my hcg levels are still above 25...this is so doing my head in.

I think i will demand a scan to see whats happening

Sponsored Links

yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 8:21am
Can you get a scan for tomorrow? It will be good to find out what's happening for sure and only a scan can show you that really. How are you holding up oterwise?

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 8:28am
Definitly demand one Kaz! You might be pleasantly suprised! How are you feeling? Do you feel pregnant still, are you still feeling sick? Cos I knoe you said that you threw up the other day, so you definitly have some ms.

Edited by Sheza

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:42am
I dont know what i feel, i am so tired, but tht could me from all the emotions, my boobs hurt but i dont feel sick...i just dont know what to think

KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:55am
It's such a stressful time for you Kaz. I hope that you get a scan and some answers.

I suspect I still have HCG in my body from my D&C almost 8 weeks ago. They say it can take six to eight weeks to go away, but I am not sure if that is the same when you are really early on. By the time I had my D&C I was 11 weeks, so my HCG was pretty high.

You could also ask for another blood test to see if your levels have risen again. Although, mine continued to rise (although very slowly) for 5 weeks after my scan, so the body can get pretty confused.

Thoughts are with you hun. x
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 10:11am
I have a form here for hcg, so will do that tomorrow as well as talk to the doctor, i cant go on like this, its not good for me, but its not good for my family either, and Rhiannon although is being really good, just wont leave me alone, (and its cos im upset all the time).

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 10:57am

Oh Kaz I am so hoping for you that they got the test wrong and that little baby has stuck to you.

Thinking of you hun.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
 Post Reply Post Reply