FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTHAT was hard, THIS is harder!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THAT was hard, THIS is harder!
    Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:32pm
OK so I thought being in Oz at my parents place on the anniversary of our loss would be hard, and I did have a few flashbacks and it was stressful, but boy, I didn't plan on making a return trip to the hospital where I miscarried and had the d and c with a threatened miscarriage at 14 weeks!

I started bleeding on Fri night, but bub was still bouncing around on the doppler so I wasn't too worried but as I am RH neg I had to go to hospital to have the anti d injection.

And the local hospital is Royal North Shore where, you guessed it, I had the d and c. So off I went, hoping to just be able to have the shot and go home.

No such luck. Coz I was still bleeding they wouldn't let me go. Luckily it was a different part of the ED that I was taken to from last time, and the doctor was really good. I did get a bit teary and stressed and started thinking I was going to lose bub, but I explained the PTSD (which is a result of my m/c) to the doctor and he was great about reassuring me and calling the OB reg for a consult. She was even more brilliant and told me how unlikely it is to miscarry at this stage of pregnancy, which was reassuring, but I had an anxiety attack having the anti d shot coz it just triggered too many memories.

Ultrasound showed bub is fine, and all is well with the pregnancy, which is a relief, but damn I was glad to get out of there this afternoon! Talk about a test of my mental health!   
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 11:08pm
Oh Emma! I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that!
So glad to hear you and bubs are fine though and it sounds like the staff were fantastic for taking care of you so well.
Big hugs from us xx
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:41am
Emma so glad this time things turned out differently for you being in the same place and that bubs is doing well what does PTSD mean? if you dont mind me asking
[/url]
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:58am
Babe I'm sorry to hear about all this stress! Hopefully Iggle Piggle settles down for you and starts behaving...fancy all this naughtiness before s/he even makes thier entrance!

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:27am
Oh Emma, you seem to have had a rough time - I hope it all starts improving now...

Passing on some happy thoughts!
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:09am
Huge Hugs Emma!!!
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:37pm
hugs babe, hope your ok
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 9:38am

Originally posted by Kye Kye wrote:

what does PTSD mean? if you dont mind me asking

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder... it can randomly strike even the strongest of persons after a terrifying event; it can include having horrible mental flashbacks to the event that leave you in a state of terror again, can make it tricky for some people to keep engaging in day-to-day activities like they used to, and/or it can leave you with a constant high level of anxiety to put up with.  It makes life that much more difficult while the PTSD is at it's worst, and if you have PTSD, it seems the scariest thing that can happen is that you have to re-live something similar to the event that triggered it off in the first place, because all that terror is still lurking there in the background, and a similar event may just bring it all rushing straight back. 

Man, Emma, I hope there's no more events for this pregnancy.  I'm glad to hear that IgglePiggle was bouncing around quite happily after all that worry, but oh my goodness the stress!  Hang in there, hun. 

Edited by Andie
Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 11:45am
You poor thing.Really sorry u have had to go through all this. Sounds like you have coped really well. Hugs.

I cant even bare to think about having to repeat the situation that caused my PTSD.

Iggle Piggle you need to be nice to mummy now! You can play havoc once your out, ok?! Tell Mummy, Aunty Kelly said so! Lol!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 2:38pm
Spot the social worker! Nice definition Andie!

Ah yes, Aunty Kelly, are you coming up for the anatomy scan If so, you can give wee Iggle Piggle a good talking to!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply