FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNot eating?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
youngmumnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngmumnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not eating?
    Posted: 18 January 2008 at 9:53pm
Hi, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on getting a child who is now 3 to eat? ever since she was 2 she has this dont like thing were she will refuse to eat veges and also various meats half the time she will only eat potatoe and sometimes spagetti but not often.
Its getting really frustrating plunket have given useless advice that hasnt helped at all from putting it infront of her at every feed till shes hungry enough to eat it, to half the portion so its really really small but she still wont touch it, i am at my wits end with her and dont know how to get her to eat.
Any ideas would be sooooooo appreciated :S
Thanks
Jess
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:10pm
I'm lucky that Maya is usually a good eater, but she does have her moments. When she gets really bad I've found it helps to let her eat *when* she wants to. She doesn't get to choose *what* she eats ( within reason, I'm not going to make her eat liver but she's not choosing to eat only potato chips either). Things I found that she would eat were dried apricots, raisins, rice crackers and cucumber, so sometimes she lived on those 4 things for weeks, but it does eventually pass.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:33pm
Sort of what Emma just said, I found at that age that Hannah was eating her 'main' meals at morning and afternoon tea. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were about 2 mouthfuls each

I just did keep providing her food that I thought she would eat without pandering to her behaviour.

She got through it eventually!
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 1:56pm
Yep, same as above, just a phase & the heat doesn't help.  Will she eat bits off your plate, not a great habit to get into but I have found if the girls don't eat so much of their food I will put extra on DH plate and they will often eat with him then at least I know they are getting food
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
 Post Reply Post Reply