FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNappies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappies?
    Posted: 07 February 2008 at 12:54pm
I'm deciding which nappies to buy next to try out.

Considering:

A couple of medium "designer bums" tie dyed Merino covers and some Medium prefolds.

"Gadimals" breathable pockets (Medium-long/Large)

Ecobubs Day Pockets and/or wool pockets (I don't like the new swirls) (Medium or Large)

If anyone has tried any of these, (or has some decent quality ones for sale?) I'd love to hear from you
Including using Prefolds on a toddler Seb's age. (with snappi)

Note: If anything he is a light to average wetter.

Edited by AliaDawn

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 5:44pm
prefolds are your cheapest option, and in summer my boy never needed covers at home.. the designer bums covers are great, but the top end of the range. You could try some cheaper ones - mooneze are great PUL covers sold on TM - username kimnz. I love the gadimals breathable pockets as well as the ordinary PUL ones too, trim and very nice looking, but then i love side snaps too.
i was never that taken with the ecobubs but they do have great inserts...and others rave about them.

good luck with your decision... oh and maybe get some coloured prefolds or the lovely and soft unbleached ones... mmmmmm

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 7:22pm
If you can, I would try and meet up with someone that has a good stash of nappies near you so you can try them on your boy. I had a lot of trouble with large nappies being too small for Hannah, and trial and error can get expensive. If you have a normal sized toddler tho you should be fine.

I'm not that fussed on ecobubs naps either. I could never get a toddler size prefold to fit onto Han snappied, they just werent wide enough to go around, so always pad folded them in a cover, but then they bunched up. But again that is just our size issue. Which is why I preferred fuzzibunz pockets - they seemed to be the largest fitting nappy I could get so it wasnt on its loosest setting.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 7:54pm
I'm probably going to go half pockets/half prefolds - have considered coloured prefolds, the unbleached ones I can't find anywhere in anything but small

Hehe... I found the designer bums tie-dye covers on TM and I fell in love with the paua and flame patterns I think they're going to have to be a definate

The problems I'm having looking at ecobubs is that Seb is probably nearly out of the mediums, but not quite into the large... and hasn't grown much for a while so it's hard to call which size to get.

I don't think I'm ever going to have problems with Large being too small for seb

Fuzzibunz are too plain for my taste I figure if I'm going to spend decent money on something, it can at least look great Looks like ecobubs is out though - thanks guys

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 11:24am
I like Ecobubs in theory... but the reality wasn't quite so great. Baby Harmony does a wool pocket though - which might deal with some of the probs I had with Ecobubs... namely size and elastic.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 3:06pm
I liked Ecobubs and bought a whole stash of them (I had 8 at one stage) and function and fit wise they were great, but quality wise IMO not worth how much they cost. The wool deteriorated really quickly, altho Pippa says the newer design ones are a wool-poly blend so harder-wearing and longer lasting.

I love Berry Plush (available from Snazzipants) and if you buy the extra snap in inserts they make quite a cost effective system. They are quite trim tho so size up rather than down.

GandT raves about her GADimal, and it is super cute, haven't tried one tho.

I also like the Bubblebubs AIO's that Mothers Instinct do, and there are some gorgeous Designer Bums pockets around atm.

As for prefolds and wraps on a toddler, Maya was in flats, pins and wraps till she TT at 22 months and I never had any probs with them at all.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 3:20pm
I've just orderered some prefolds (finally found some unbleached regular) from bumbles, and a snappi and... I wanted some Huggalugs so Seb can show off his nappies in cooler weather so... I ended up spending $50 there And um also $25 of microfibre inserts from Wigglebums as I love the one I scored with my pocket... (shh! nobody tell DF )

I'm definately going to get a designer bums merino cover on tuesday (pay-day) I have some lanolin stuff to treat them with already so that's not a problem... I just can't decide whether to get one or two(paua and/or fire designs). Has anyone tried them (recently? not sure if they change alot or what)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Baby-gear/Nappies-changing/Nappies/Cloth/photos/a-139457408/p-49095255.htm pic is there - (aren't they gorgeous?!)

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 3:24pm
check out her website - she has some covers on her specials page...she also has soem wool pockets too. i posted it in the too cute thread.

i have one of her covers and love it and ones i have owned in the past of her old design were great too.

I love her tie dyed stuff and really want some more of her fitteds, i only have one and it is my fave for toby for nights.

Edited by GandT

AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 3:40pm
Hmm... good to know. I was considering a hemp fitted Designer bums for Seb for nights - does it dry ok, or is it really slow?

I saw the specials announcement on TNN but I think with my current purchases and maybe spending $60 on tuesday, I will have to wait for a bit The prefolds + Covers should do me 6 nappies which will bring me up to 10 nappies which is plenty for now for my mini-wetter

I'm also wondering if boosters are a must for prefolds, and if so what ones to get? Hemp, microfibre, what?

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 3:44pm
the DB fitted i have has snap out inserts so the drying time isnt as bad as some at all...

boosters arent a must for prefolds, i have some tho which i use on occasion but never when toby was very little cause they wet so much anyway. i use the snazzipants ones. i think i used them in my fitteds and AIO's more than my prefolds...

Post Reply Post Reply