FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBelly Belts & Belly Bands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Belly Belts & Belly Bands
    Posted: 10 February 2008 at 1:41pm
Okay so i'm sure this has been discussed 100 times already but i'm after some advice on those belly belts and bands.

What are your thoughts and preferences ladies and where is the best place to get them? I'm 12 weeks so only just starting to think about how tight my pants are getting
Sponsored Links

JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 2:22pm
Not pg yet, so obviously haven't tried them, but theres a couple of sellers on trademe with very reasonable prices! One of them also does large sizes, which is good for me!
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 2:47pm

Hi - I bought a 2 pack of TM when I was about 12weeks pregnant. (I got one black, one white). I found them hugley useful throughout my whole pregnancy, I found that I could wear a lot of my normal pants undone with the belly band technically holding them up (and keeping me decent!!). I also found it great for wearing under normal tops that were not maternity tops and therefore not long enough, the belly bands were excellent for filling the gap between my tops and my pants!!!

Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!

solgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 4:02pm
I am with SimSam...I bought a few belly bands from Melonbellys off TM. They have been great allowing me to wear my pre pregnancy tops and some pants...they have heaps of colouyrs to choose from....Good Luck
MUMMY TO EMMA (4yrs), PAIGE (2yrs) &

Smartmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 4:22pm
I got some off trade me too, melon bellies maybe.....they have been very useful and they are long so you can use them for tops too....
Anjiebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anjiebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 4:52pm
Hey guys
I have both belly bands also brought off TM from mellonbellies and also when I was in Aussie found a maternity shop that sold belly belts. I tell you that they have been a real life saver as I am on the top side of the size charts everywhere before I could go into nana clothes. They come with an elastic bit and then a choice of 3 colours of material that you stick underneath your clothes so u can still enjoy those clothes that you still love. Unsure of the name of the brand but if you are able to find them they are their weight in gold. I hope this helps.
Have a great day and there goes the weekend.
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 6:40pm
They also have them in KMart in the preggie clothes section - they're good for skinny people. I got one and it was crap for me. well made however.
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 9:22pm
yup, the belly belt was no good for me.

the only one i use is the tiny attachment (without the material), but you can still see my undone fly.

the main attachment does not fit my belly in it.. and ive got a whopper belly!

i dont know if its because i wear hipster type pants ?

my favourite "buy" is a pair of black dress pants with elastic/fabric at the top from glassons. i unrolled the stretchy fabric and it goes right up to my belly button. not bad for $30 and sooooo comfy!
Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 10:35am
Thanks so much for all your advice ladies
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 11:04am
i used a belly belt to button up my pants (only used the smallest one) and then wore a belly band over the top to cover the undone zip......i couldn't do without them!

Post Reply Post Reply