FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedalternative to pea pods?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alternative to pea pods?
    Posted: 19 February 2008 at 3:13pm
I'm going to my friend's baby shower next week, and she has asked for cloth nappies as a gift. The girl organising the shower mentioned that baby factory have pea pods. I've looked on babyfactory's website, and they seem a little boring
When I heard she was going to use cloth, I had hoped of getting her a really stylish patterned one, but I can't see those in pea pods. Now, I'm not sure if the mention of peapods was just to help someone as clueless as me find some, or whether she particularly wants pea pods.
So, my question is, can I get patterned pea pods? I'm especially looking for a cow-print pattern. Or is there a different brand that has patterns that is similar design? (seriously, I don't even know if peapods are pocket nappies or not!) Or is it a bad idea to look at a different brand when she is familiar with pea pods?
I'd quite like to get them a more extravagant nappy than they would buy themselves. But I'm clueless as to how/if to do that! Help!
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 3:18pm
peapods only come in solids colours, as do the other pocket nappy at baby factory baby cheeks.

if you want patterned you will have to buy online...possibly check TM.

maybe double check if she only wants that brand or not...

AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 5:20pm
Tweedle is probably your best bet for a cheapish front snap cow print nap - They are not the best IMO but good for the price, and not that bad. I haven't tried the Berry Plush nappies they stock, but they are a bit more expensive, but look amazing, I can't wait to get one. Wigglebums are my favourite pockets,and have some lovely prints, Foxybots are great too - bit bulkier, but the minky is so soft, and of course awesome zany fabric. Also if she is doing some fitted or wants to give prefolds a go I LOVE Designerbums merino covers. They are gorgeous!

Links to check out:
http://www.tweedle.co.nz/tweedle/about.aspx
http://wigglebums.co.nz/shop/
http://www.foxybots.co.nz/
http://designerbums.wordpress.com/about/
http://www.snazzipants.co.nz/

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 6:14pm

Coz you are in Palmy talk to Stacey (kebakat) about a printed nappy.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 6:58pm
The best cow print nappies I've seen (and I've seen a good few!) are the cow print Happy Heiny's that Snazzipants do, they are proper PUL so the pattern doesn't fade as opposed to the cotton/PUL blend ones that Tweedle do, and they are one size fits all. I have a couple and I heart them.
Berry PLush are also ultra cool but a bit more $$$.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 8:43pm
oh good idea emma...and they are one size too arent they?

clare00 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clare00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 9:23pm
Ecobubs have some cute prints too www.ecobubs.co.nz

Edited by clare00
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 9:43pm
I only have one print nappy and it's a Foxybots blue camo minky. It's absolutely gorgeous and very reliable!

Vic xx
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 7:20am
Originally posted by clare00 clare00 wrote:

Ecobubs wool pockets (prints) are cheaper from snazzipants - the inserts you get with them are probably different, but $6 difference is pretty huge.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 7:22am
Originally posted by BellaBabysMum BellaBabysMum wrote:

I have the minky cowprint from foxybots but i found the minky went manky

Well for a start the nap you got isn't minky, it was a fur fabric (as it said in the auction - Cow print fur). Minky stays looking cool for a long long time. And I have one for Daniel and have used it for over 4 months and it hasn't got manky looking at all.

Edited by kebakat
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 7:42am
Originally posted by AliaDawn AliaDawn wrote:

Originally posted by clare00 clare00 wrote:

Ecobubs wool pockets (prints) are cheaper from snazzipants - the inserts you get with them are probably different, but $6 difference is pretty huge.

wow that is so weird there is a such a big difference buying from a diff place... and it sounds like the inserts they supply at ecobubs are fully microfibre now instead of the hemp combo...

sorry a bit OT there, but i was very surprised...

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 9:19am
Thanks ladies. I've ordered a tweedle cow-print nappy (after checking that she's happy to try different brands from peapods). I did check out Stacey's website among others, but I couldn't see cow prints, and that was what I really wanted.
I have to say that I found so many gorgeous nappies in the process of browsing, and I'm thinking when I eventually get my own babies, they'll be wearing cloth!
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 10:37am
Originally posted by rhick rhick wrote:

Thanks ladies. I've ordered a tweedle cow-print nappy (after checking that she's happy to try different brands from peapods). I did check out Stacey's website among others, but I couldn't see cow prints, and that was what I really wanted.
I have to say that I found so many gorgeous nappies in the process of browsing, and I'm thinking when I eventually get my own babies, they'll be wearing cloth!

I did cloth nappies when Seb was little... long story short they didn't really suit me, and we ended up giving them up so try out different ones before buying a whole pile of one type. I'm loving snappied prefolds and covers, and pockets right now, and I wish we'd gotten onto them sooner. I switched Seb back to cloth for the 2nd time after almost a year in sposies, and it really isn't that hard... Go for it, they are gorgeous!

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 6:43pm

Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

I have the minky cowprint from foxybots but i found the minky went manky

Well for a start the nap you got isn't minky, it was a fur fabric (as it said in the auction - Cow print fur). Minky stays looking cool for a long long time. And I have one for Daniel and have used it for over 4 months and it hasn't got manky looking at all.

Ok then i got the fur one but its still gone icky feeling. Who knows.

Do you suggest a special way to maintain the fur or minky nappies?

Could the "icky feeling" be detergent build-up? I don't have any fur print pockets so I can't offer more advice but I have a Foxybots minky and it's still gorgeous and soft after being washed every single day (it's my fave night nappy). Detergent build up would be my guess though - you don't soak them in Nappisan do you? My sister was doing that to her pocket nappies and the fleece inside got really slimy and gross until she stripped them.

Vic xx
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 6:45pm
i dont think fur is really designed as a nappy material, and the constant washing alone would prob make it feel "manky".

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 7:49pm
We wash Daniels fur nappies the same as our other nappies but we dry them on the line or in the hot water cupboard. We never put it in the drier and it still feels the same as the fabric that hasn't been used yet and that's with washing it every 3-4 days for the last few months.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 11:27am
I've never had any fur nappies, but I have a huge stash of minky nappies including Berry Plush, Bubblebubs, a couple of Foxybots and some Deb Reynolds pockets and I've thrashed them to bits (I heart minky), wash them in with all my other naps and inserts and they get dried in the dryer after every wash (yes, I am lazy ) and the minky is still as good as new.

I wasn't that impressed with the Tweedle Cow Prints, they are the cotton/PUL and the fabric has faded pretty badly.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply