FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMiscarriage pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miscarriage pain
    Posted: 25 February 2008 at 9:49pm
I haven't started bleeding but I have just started getting pains which I can only describe as stabbing/shooting/sharp. Is this normal? It is not like period pain.

Sponsored Links

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 10:13pm
I would imagine that it's possible the pains are from your ligaments and uterus changing a little already - but I can't guarantee it - have you been for an early scan yet or had any blood tests done? Big hugs and fingers crossed for you!
Vanillabean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 10:14pm
When I had my mc the pains I felt were like really strong period pains - more of an ache than a shooting pain.

This must be really worrying for you!! The best way to find out what is going on is to get two hcg tests done 48 hours apart and see what your hormone levels are doing.

Take care and sending sticky baby vibes your way.

Edited by Vanillabean
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 10:16pm
Sticky vibes to you!!

I can say, though that the stretching pains second time around are much worse than foirst and are stabbing shooting sharp, so fingers crossed for you xxxx
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 11:50pm

Aww hun sticky vibes to you and I hope all is well!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 12:36am
as the others have said, it could be stretching pains. if you are worried, perhaps give your GP a call and get some tests done??
sticky vibes to you

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 8:00am
I went to bed and they stopped, I did wonder afterwards whether it was stretching pains.
I've been having HCG tests done and basically my levels are rising but not doubling every 48 hours, I am seeing the gp tomorrow but I don't think that he wants to do scans unless I make it to 6-7 weeks. With the levels i've got both my m/w and gp seem to think the pregnancy is gonna end.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 8:36am
Oh cuppatea....that sucks and is soooooo frustrating. Do you think there is any chance that your little clump of cells (is it old enough to be an embryo yet) are just taking their time to do there thing......afterall Spencer is a wee fella so perhaps they dont want to get too big too fast

BIG HUGS for all the worry!
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 9:05am
Big hugs and sticky vibes
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 9:37am
oh hun! what a worrying time for you! i hope things brighten up for you tomorrow at the dr's

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 1:05pm
Awww, big hugs cuppatea.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 8:35pm
Cuppatea when do you get results back? What you are having sounds like subsequent pregnancy stretching. It's horrible but it passes and is nothing to worry about. But everyone does
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 9:37pm
Hugs Cuppatea!

I had no pain at all with my miscarriage until after I started bleeding, then it was like wicked period pains and contractions.

I'm sorry you're stuck in limbo-land, IMO that is really the hardest part, the not knowing.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 9:57pm
Awww big cuppatea stick baby stick and prove them all wrong little one.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 10:02pm
Hugs! Thinking of you.

I had no pain what-so-ever with my micarriage...
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 10:18pm
I have another test tomorrow, I may get the results back the same day like I did on Monday or I might have to wait until Thursday. So far I had one test that was 30 last monday then on wednesday it was only 44 and then this monday it was only 150. I have an appointment with gp tomorrow, he phoned me monday night he was gonna talk to an obgyn and make sure that he is proceeding correctly with tests etc and talk over things with me tomorrow. DH is off work cos he's parents are over from England so he is going to come with me for support.

Yes Emma the not knowing is the worse, I think if I miscarry then I can work through that but at the moment I feel like I am neither pregnant or not pregnant and it is really doing my head in.

I think the pain I had was stretching, have had it a couple of times again today but no where near as bad. Was just freaking a bit cos the doc had talked to me about watching for ectopic pregnancy because of the hcg levels and thought the pain might be because of that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 7:21am
I had bleeding when my levels were 110 and the gyn I saw said that at that level it was unlikely that the embryo would be big enough to be causing pain, if it were an ectopic pregnancy. Don't know if that helps at all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 7:23am
anyway, must be so hard being in limbo land. My fingers are cross for you.

Post Reply Post Reply