FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair
    Posted: 29 February 2008 at 11:13am
Has anyone elses hair changed much during pregnancy? I know a lot of woman find it will grow quicker and/or get thicker, but I have naturally curly hair and I can't get over how much straighter it's got since being pregnant. And it seems the longer I'm pregnant the straighter it gets!!
Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 11:42am
i had sooo much more of it..and it grew more on my head and not at all anywhere else(except belly..which is weird)

and even though i shaved it on belly it hasnt grown back..yah..now I'm not pregnant hair on legs etc is growing faster and hair on head hasnt dropped out yet but apparently it will.. i sooo need a haircut..working up to leaving Ethan so i can:) hehe.
Mum to two amazing boys!
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 11:46am
My head hair got lovely and thick, but it's now all falling out
My leg hair slowed down growing which was great. Unfortunately it's making up for it now!

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 12:00pm
kabe...yeah i heard it can fall out about 4 months..is that hormonal? why does it take so long to happen?
Mum to two amazing boys!
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 12:27pm
With my first pregnancy my hair got really thick and then I lost a bit a few months after giving birth. This pregnancy I haven't really noticed a change yet but hopefully it will thicken up a bit more.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 12:36pm
Kawwww - yep it's hormones. Mine has been steadily falling out for the last few weeks, but I think it's easing now.
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 12:48pm
My head hair was thicker and healthier when pregnant but the hair on my body grew much less which is odd.

Around 4 months after birth it did thin out back to it's usual self.

You usually loose lots of hair all the time but for some reason you loose less when pregnant then around 4mths post delivery the hormones change and you go back to losing it as per usual.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
erinalba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinalba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 12:50pm
My hair is growing so fast during pregnancy and looks really shiny and healthy. Leg hair has slowed down and got blonder so you hardly even see it. And girly bits hair seems to be growing heaps faster too (thankfully my bump hides it from my view)!!!
mountaingoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountaingoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 2:10pm
My hair isn't coming out in huge handfuls like it was. I have naturally thick hair so I haven't noticed any differences. I think it might also have something to do with taking prenatal vitamins ...
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 3:21pm

Mine didn't grow at all!!!  Not on my head, not on my legs or under my arms.  Weird!!  But I got hair on my belly, not lots just blonde hairs.  It's growing again now...  don't mind it growing on my head but not having to shave for nearly 9 months was fantastic!

Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 3:26pm
Yeah my leg hair has slowed down heaps too. Is just the straight thing that puzzles me and as my hair (on my head) has always been natrually thick I haven't noticed any difference there.
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 9:49pm

Mines dead straight naturally - I wish it had have gone curly :)

Glag2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glag2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 5:29pm
Hi,
Supposedley when your pregnant the hair on your head and down below doesnt shed like normal
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 6:44pm
that would explain why once I gave birth my body gave itself a brazilian

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 8:31pm

OMg the hairs on my legs grew really fast when I was pregnant with Josh, instead of getting waxed every 6-8 weeks (closer to 8 weeks) I needed them done 4-6 weeks (closer to 4 weeks). Did settle done a bit after I had Josh.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 9:06pm
I heard that your hair gets thicker if you're carrying a girl, but it could be an old wives tale!

Amanda268758 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda268758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2021 at 4:00pm
Oh my god, I'm so sorry! There's no feeling worse than feeling your hair starts falling off as a woman. You definitely need more supplements in your life.

Sorry for chiming in to this thread so late, but I used to dread taking showers all the time. Now I don't mind.

This is my story and some of my best advice which I hope is going to be of much help.

I'm a woman in her 50's and I didn't give much thought to my sprouting gray hairs and my hair loss in my 30's during my first pregnancy because they were virtually undetectable; however, as my patch turned into a streak, I began to question whether or not I should address them although it was the last thing I wanted to do...

Should I color them? Should I stick to natural hairstyles where they'd go unnoticed? I was really on the fence, yet I didn't feel particularly rushed to conceal my grays...

I'm glad there are finally solutions out there for doing something about it that actually work!

This is a daily hair growth supplement that quite quickly helped me and my bestie to improve our hair and stop our hair loss with a few important but natural ingredients.

It wasn't until we found it we were able to make our hair stop falling off as fast although it doesn't stop completely!

I finally feel a lot more confident in my hair!

Wishing you the best of luck in your journey, sis.

Hope my advice was of help to you <3

Amanda
 Post Reply Post Reply