FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYaaay!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yaaay!!!
    Posted: 12 March 2008 at 5:09pm
DH went in to Fert+ today to bank a sample for next week's intended IUI (we're combining a frozen one with a fresh one to increase numbers) and they've just called to say that there are 20 million spermies, so just in the normal range (up from less than 1 million a couple of years ago) and 41% motility (up from 5% originally). Isn't he clever! This cycle could be the one!
Sponsored Links

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 5:19pm
OOOHHHHHHHH YAY YAY YAY catie!!!!! fingers crossed tight for you hun!

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 6:10pm

Wow that is really good, fingers crossed this month is yours. Can I ask has he done anything different to increase them??

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 6:53pm

COOL!!! best of luck for next week

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 7:18pm
WOW thats great news catie. I also would love to know what he did to increase his count? All the best.
mellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 8:38pm
Fantastic news Catie - all the best of the cycle...which reminds me DH took in a sample last week I must call to see what the results were..
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 1:11pm
Thanks guys - it's pretty exciting.

kobec and mummybecks: He's been taking a multi-vit, fish oil, and herbs (Tribulus complex - from health shop) for more than a year, and also had a few acupuncture sessions about a year ago, which improved things from 1 million and 5% motility 2 years ago, to 2.2 mill and 25% motility 9 months ago. For the last few months though he's been taking a couple of amino acids (again from the health shop): Arginine and Carnitine. these seem to be what's made the big difference. I read about them in a medical journal in which a clinical trial found that men with very low sperm counts and motility got up to normal after 6 months, taking 3 mg/day of each. DH is taking less than that tho, cos it's quite expensive. Arginine about $18 for 60, Carnitine twice that for the cheapest brand.
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 3:10pm
Thanks for that info catie. I went into the chemist a couple of months ago and asked if they sold arginine and carnitine and they told me that you can only get in on prescription and as my DH never goes to the doctor that won't happen. Did you have to get a script or could you just buy it over the counter? I am keen to try that as I have read alot of good reports about those 2. Thanks heaps.
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 4:30pm
I just bought it over the counter at the health shop. the arginine is Vita-Fit brand; the carnitine is Red 8 brand - you can get others but this one is much cheaper - about $35 a bottle. Apparently it's quite an unusual brand, so if they can't find it, you can tell them that the wholesasler is Thompsons/Life Stream.

good luck! I'll be interested ot see if it makes a difference to your DH.
honeybun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 4:43pm
Kobec there is a good website called netpharmacy dot co dot nz where you can get supplements etc so worth a try if you can't find what you are after in the shops.
Mum to a gorgeous 5yr old girl and a beautiful baby boy.
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 5:17pm

Catie those are awesome numbers. I got pregnant with only 300,000 sperms so anything is possible

kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 8:02pm
Thanks honeybun. I have just had a browse on that website and it looks really good. Might order some stuff on next payday.
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 10:23am
Hey everyone, thanks so much for your good wishes - I'm really excited.
Kiwigal the fact that you got Preg with only 300,000 - that really brings it home that after 2+ yrs ttc, there is a chance for us!

Originally posted by honeybun honeybun wrote:

Kobec there is a good website called netpharmacy dot co dot nz where you can get supplements etc so worth a try if you can't find what you are after in the shops.

thanks for that honeybun - maybe I can get those supplements a bit chaeper - must have spend a couple of $1000 so far!
 Post Reply Post Reply