FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1 yr after miscarriage?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 yr after miscarriage?
    Posted: 15 March 2008 at 7:41pm
Ok, so am asking for some advice here, and calling on those with previous experience.

We are thick and fast coming up to the 1 yr anniversary of the miscarriage, and I really want to know, did you get a bout of depression around that time? I had been fine but i don't know what's happening at the mo, Whether it's all the constant mornings and lack of sleep catching up with me, or if it's all the other crap that happened last year coming back, i'm finding it hard to bond with the girls again, Get the anxiety attacks again over nothing - especially being alone at home, mostly i am ok, but i feel like i go to bed at night with the worry that tomorrow i'll wake up feeling the same, or that i'll wake in the middle of the night feeling like it. I have started going to bed earlier to try and make up for the fact i'm on early morning shifts all the time but wake up feeling like from the get-go my body's wired and hasn't been to sleep, I feel like i just want a big big hug, but know that i'm kinda pushing mike away at the moment which i don't want to do.

Tell me this happened to you and it will go away. I was going along pretty ok for a while there, but now just feel unhappy as soon as i'm alone.

Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 8:25pm
I was pretty messed up around the first anniversary coz the gremlins were 10 weeks old and in the worst of the reflux/screaming and I was exhausted. I wish I could say it settled eventually but for me it didn't really stop till I was diagnosed with PTSD when they were 8 mths old and started meds.

I had another rough patch around the second anniversary but nowhere near as bad, and that was more anxiety over being 11 weeks pregnant on the anniversary.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 8:48pm
I think that if I wasn't pregnant right now I would seriously be a bit depressed and upset too about my upcoming anniversary.
I think thats why I am so damn scared about my 12week scan in 10 days *easter tuesday* because I am afraid it will be history repeating itself, just a month earlier and a year later.
Hang in there chicky - it is such a rollercoaster of emotions, and for me, it doesn't help when DH says that I need to 'move on'... it's different for him, cos it wasn't actually him that was carrying the baby and lost it.

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 9:10pm
Thats what I was a bit like Ema, being 11 weeks pregnant on the anniversary of our loss triggered a few nasty flashbacks and I was paranoid about losing this baby, then I started bleeding about 4 days after the anniversary which didn't help! But having the 12w scan and the doppler to reassure me definitely helped.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 9:55pm
i was like you both...pregnant fortunately i had had my scan(3 actually) but was still freaked out..was about 15 weeks.. and being pregnant made it better and worse i think.. i thought i was fine till the anniversary and realised i wasnt.. but it got easier after that..though was still terrified of him dying right up until after delivery (when having the c section and him not breathe made me stress much worse:(!!!!!
Mum to two amazing boys!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 10:36pm
I think i'm just scared of this turning into long term type depression.. and so get scared over that, and it winds me up more.

Thanks guys.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 3:22pm
Janine! Hope you feel better soon!!!
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
 Post Reply Post Reply