FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedArnica during pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LaToyaK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaToyaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arnica during pregnancy
    Posted: 23 April 2008 at 7:54pm
So i'm due to have an elective caesarean on the 28th of May. This will be my 3rd c section. I'm normally a fast healer. So I was wondering if I should start taking arnica before and after my c section. Just to speed up the healing. Kinda need to try and speed things up with the other 2 running around.
Sponsored Links

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 10:34am
Yes Arnica spray after will help the bruising. Both my MW and my OB recommended it. Not sure whether you should take it while you're in the 'nil by mouth' period directly beforehand but you could check with the anesthesiologist when you go for your consult.

LaToyaK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaToyaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 10:52am

Oh yeh good point i've got an appointment on the 16th. Didn't even think about that. Thanks

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:03pm
I was about to say the same thing re. the nil by mouth. But I took arnica and rescue rememdy during labour (didn't know I was going to have a C/S then tho) and the same with my last lap op but it did say on the forms for that one that nil by mouth was anything including homeopathic remedies

*waffle waffle*

Good luck with the birth
lottieandharry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lottieandharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 8:18pm
My midwife wouldn't let me take it before the elective but fine afterwards. She was very conservative about stuff like that ie wasn't keen for me to take raspberry leaf tea etc when I was overdue. It was great I would recommend it.

Post Reply Post Reply