FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
avkiwi3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avkiwi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here
    Posted: 24 April 2008 at 1:14pm
Hi everyone,

Here is a brief history of my pregnancy experiences:

- about 10 years ago I had an ectopic pregnancy that resulted in emergency surgery and I lost one tube.
- I then had a normal conception and pregnancy (first cycle of trying naturally) and had my daughter who is now 4 1/2
- we have been trying to have #2 for the last 3.5 years. Last year I had another ectopic (technically classed as a "pregnancy of unknown location")which although I was quite sick didn't result in having surgery or any treatment.
- 3.5 weeks ago I had another ectopic in which I had internal bleeding and had to have emergency surgery and lost my other tube.

We already have an appointment at the fertility clinic at the hospital for the 12th May.

I am not sure with having one child that we will be eligible for funding but I am hoping that since we have zero chance of conceiving naturally that we will be.

I have no idea at all what the whole IVF thing involves but I guess we will find out at the appointment.

Has anyone else on here had an ectopic pregnancy?

Cheers

Kirsty

Edited by avkiwi3
Sponsored Links

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 1:28pm
I think Kirsty that there is a stand down period of 3 years? I'd suggest googling FA and check - I think they have the criteria for public funding listed on there.

There are 2 of us doing IVF at the moment and a few others who have been through it either successfully or unsuccessfully. The "mellybelly and ginger" thread has most of our 2 IVF journies to date.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 2:54pm
Welcome Kirsty, though sorry you're in the infertility thread. I've not had an ectopic (or any!) pregnancy, and we're doing IUI not IVF, but thought I'd say 'Hi' any way and wish you luck.
avkiwi3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avkiwi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 10:45pm
Thanks Ginger and Catie : )

avkiwi3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avkiwi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 11:55am
We had our first appointment at the hospital and have a referal to FA to get an apointment and start the ball rolling.

I am a bit nervous about the whole thing but I am getting used to the idea : )
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:19pm
It's always hard when you kick off with fertility treatment. All the best!

Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
avkiwi3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avkiwi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:27pm
Thanks Ginger : )

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:35pm
if it helps OB has a pretty good success rate with fertility treatment, must be a lucky forum or something.
good luck
chickpea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:36am
Hi there Kirsty!

I have an 11 year old daughter (conceived naturally), but was unable to conceive again - after 6 years of trying (no idea why I waited that long!!) we were referred to Fertility Associates and were eligible for publicly funded IVF. (turns out I have endometriosis and a blocked fallopian tube). Anyway, December last year we were blessed with the arrival of Natalia.

I don't think having children already has anything do with your eligibility for funding. (I was publicly funded with a child). I am just about to start the process for another embryo transfer

All the best for your appt!!

Eva x
avkiwi3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avkiwi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 2:03pm
Thanks Eva,

Good luck with the embryo transfer : )

We should hear soon when our apointment at FA is soon. Hopefuly it will be in 4-5 weeks.

Kirsty
 Post Reply Post Reply