FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOCD and loxamine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OCD and loxamine
    Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:35pm
just reading the info sheet for it... some pretty wicked side effects:( and how much worse is worse before it gets better..any experience with it?
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:57pm
I asked about it a few months back when I was prescribed it, I'll bump it up for you 'cos I got a bunch of helpful replies. (Its aka Aropax)
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 10:20pm
so its the same?says loxamine on box?
Mum to two amazing boys!
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 11:02pm
Yup, that's right. Its just a weird thing they do. Different companies manufacture the same drug under a different name and Loxamine is the version that is subsidised here.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 4:13pm
am taking half a pill a day have to wait the magic two weeks till i can see whether it makes a difference or not...hopefully Emma it's like you say i will still be anxious but it will be .. less( well the anxious feeling associated with the OCD) i cant remember how you explained it in the pm but it was great:) so far no bad side effects
Mum to two amazing boys!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 6:53pm
KA at least you got an info sheet. They didn't put one in my box.

I had a pretty rough time with the side effects. Started on half a pill and got a wicked headache so cut back to a quarter for a few days. Got nausea, diarrhea, and some weird jitters mainly plus a few other random things. Generally I would find that each day I increased the dosage the side effects would be worse and then subside again over the next few days. I'm on full pills now.

I'm on it for PND but I've noticed that a few 'quirks' I have - like having to cover my ears when I sleep - have also disappeared. Yay for you getting on it for the OCD.

Personally I'm just at the magic two week mark and I think I have a little more to go but already I'm noticing a huge difference. Little things mainly like singing along to music, watching my daughter sleep and being able to sit still and read a book.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 9:07pm
omg that i goggled this and got my own topic!!:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 12:41pm
I was on paroxetine (aropax and loxamine's proper name) for just over a year, but for PND and it helped enormously. I think it took about 10 days for for the full effects but i do think i started to feel better pretty quickly (those days are all a bit blurry)
It felt like it just kept a lid on my extreme feelings, so i never really felt down, but found at the end of the year that I missed feeling ups too (as well as downs, cos they are part of life) I think that was the point I knew I was ready to come off it.
Side effects were mainly dry mouth, and night sweats and not crying at mushy films, but I do remembered feeling really altered in the first couple of months, like big shifts in my spatial perception and awareness
 Post Reply Post Reply