FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow to bring out bruises?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to bring out bruises?
    Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:00am
DP and I went out yesterday afternoon to Platoon Wargames (aka paintball) for his work social club and I got a beauty on my knee and inner arm.....does anyone know how I can bring out the bruises (and maybe even stop them hurting so much?!!!)?? The one on my arm is a circle with a diameter of about 10cm (and a nice circle welt in the centre about 1cm diameter) and is swollen and hard and SORE....the one on my knee is mainly just swollen about 5cm diameter...I want to bring the bruises out and get them healing properly. It was my first time playing paintball - next time I'll wear layer upon layer of thick clothes and I don't care how hot it is!!!!!
Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:04am
arnica is good for healing bruises.

Edited by MrsMojo
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:30am
Witch hazel is for bruises too.

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:53am
Yeah I was going to say Arnica When I used to ride horses we would put arnica on their legs if they had tripped or something.

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:57am
Yep arnica is great - you can get it in a cream to rub directly into the bruise and also as drops to take orally.

Ouchies!!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:59am
Fourth the arnica suggestion! You can take little capsules or get the cream.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:05am
Hrmmm, thanks ladies. Cream means I would have to rub it on where the bruise is...I think I might go for capsules....!!!
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:39am
lol paintball bruises eh :P
Arnica wont help those i'm afraid, you're gonna have to just deal with it lol. Matt (my partner) had a full day of paintball last month and omg the bruises! They're so funny cuz they're like a ring with nothing in the middle :P Nothing made those buggers come out any faster or heal any faster. Dont worry, they usually only take a couple of days before they go yellow :)
Alex, Thomas and Lily
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:18am
Hehehe MissAngel - I have that (the ring is actually a welt with skin missing) but it's the bruise AROUND that I want to bring out!! The little circle isn't a problem - the bruise extends about 5cm outside of that right around the whole thing and because of where it is I can't put my arm down by my side!!! It's a nice shade of deep purple, almost black at the moment
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:33am
hehe you poor thing :P Least they're always interesting looking bruises!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:52pm
Oh I played paintball end of last year and got the exact same welts. They're nasty aren't they! Sting like hell! It took a number of days before my bruising came out (thankfully I only got hit on the back of the leg and one on my shoulder but I was more padded up there), and even then the bruising didn't come out as much as I thought it would. I'm pretty sure getting hit by those pellets aren't good for you.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:12pm
Yeah I totally agree Italiah - just so happened to be where it's mainly skin and not much padding in my case unfortunately
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:06am
OUCHIES!!! Kinda like a haematoma then? I'd definitely suggest taking some Arnica even if it doesn't LOOK like it's helping, it'll be helping internally if you take the pills or spray remedy
 Post Reply Post Reply