FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaternity pay going up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 6:11pm
We don't run out of student loan money by the end of the week, I know how to budget! I'm just really careful with what little we're given. If people didn't spend all their money on flash cars/smokes/alcohol/drugs/gambling/junk food etc then they shouldn't have a problem with running out of their benefit!

Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 6:27pm

Originally posted by AliaDawn AliaDawn wrote:

Tax is a bit like a modern day robin hood

That's such a charming way of thinking of it.

AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by MrsMojo MrsMojo wrote:

Tax is a bit like a modern day robin hood

That's such a charming way of thinking of it.

Yeah, I try my best to look at the glass half full kinda thing

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 8:42pm
There is more good news.... WFF tax credits are going up in October this year. You can see your entitlement on the IRD calculators. Looks like about $20/week for us.
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 1:15pm

We don't run out of student loan money by the end of the week, I know how to budget! I'm just really careful with what little we're given. If people didn't spend all their money on flash cars/smokes/alcohol/drugs/gambling/junk food etc then they shouldn't have a problem with running out of their benefit!

Good on you for budgeting but not every one is like you....I am sorry but I have heard too many stories and it seems sooo common. You are right they spend it all on smokes, alcohol and junk food. ITS SAD!! Not to be mean or any thing but we always laugh to see KFC, MCD's busy on Thursday night....

IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 1:25pm
Hey is it true that the PPL is looking at going up to a year rather than 14 weeks?

ETA - Sorry ignore this post - I just read the first page PROPERLY and some kind person there has mentioned about it :)

Edited by BooBoo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123