FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAdvice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nzmumto3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzmumto3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice please
    Posted: 17 June 2008 at 8:29am
Ok I'm reposting this here after trying on the planning pregnancy thread and being advised to pop in here.

Hi there, I am totally unsure of where I should post and am not even sure if I will find anyone who is going through the same but I thought I'd give it a whirl anyway! I used to post on this website very frequently when I was ttc #2 and since then I have gone on to have #3. So I am definitely no longer ttc. However now I am in the position of donating my eggs to someone else and hence starting an ivf cycle this month to go through this process. I guess someone who has done ivf can give me some advice but if there is anyone out there who has donated eggs I would love to hear from them. I have my day 21 bt on wednesday and I expect to start buserelin on Thursday. That is assuming I can bring myself to inject!!! So is there anyone out there with some wonderful advice for me. Would love to hear anything you have to offer. The good bits and the bad, I think I can take it!!!

Thanks heaps.
Mel
Three beautiful boys.

Sponsored Links

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 9:21am
Hi there

Firstly, you will be able to bring yourself to inject so don't worry! I found that the first injection was by far the hardest just because it's something new. Plus, it's a bit of a surprise how tough the skin is when you're trying to pierce it. Just make sure you have a death-grip on your stomach and don't hesitate and it's a piece of cake.

I found I didn't really start to get bruising until I started Puregon, and the Puregon pen was quite awkward, but you'll find a way of using it that's comfortable for you.

I felt a bit lousy on Puregon but I over stimulated (30ish follicles), but was fine on Buserelin - thankfully, I didn't have any trouble with headaches. But, drink lots of water, that'll help regardless, and especially if you have headaches.

The last few days before EC were hard and I was finding it very hard to move, but then I was chocka block with follicles (20ish of them were on one side) so that might have just been me! But, plan on needing to take it very easy before and for a few days after EC.

I hope that helps a bit, but if you have any other questions, just fire away

There is another mum on the boards donating eggs, but I'm not sure if it's common knowledge or not so I might PM her and give her your name, rather than put it here. All the best! I really admire you doing this voluntarily!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
nzmumto3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzmumto3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 11:09am
Thanks so much ginger, that all sounds great. Will be good to be able to ask a few questions along the way. First one, what is Puregon? I don't have that one in my fridge full of drugs. Just Buserelin, gonal f, and ovridel. Maybe one of them has two names. Anyway, I see you were obviously very successful with your ivf. Congratulations to you and I hope you have a very healthy and happy nine months. Having been there three times is why I want to help someone else who may not find it as easy as I did. Take care and I will be picking your brains from Thursday.
Mel
Three beautiful boys.

Margs B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 1:30pm
Hi nzmumto2

What a wonderul thing you are doing.

I'm doing IVF and almost at Egg Collection time.

Gonal F is Puregon.

All this best.
nzmumto3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzmumto3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 2:04pm
Well I've done it guys, I actually managed to give that first injection. And I don't know what I was worried about. I would have to say it was a lot less painful than my blood test yesterday. I'm just hopeful that now the side effects will be equally as easy to deal with. Wish me luck.
Three beautiful boys.

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 2:45pm
Thanks so much! and yes, sorry about that - depending on where you go it's as Margs said

I just had another thought - someone recommended to me using an ice pack before injecting, which I did, but one of the nurses at F+ told me that that's actually a bad thing to do and can make bruising a lot worse! (she was looking at a bruise on my stomac the size of my fist at the time ) so just in case you get that same advice ...
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
tarn22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarn22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 3:05pm
hi nzmumto2 im on the buserilin i started last thurs and i fully took 4 minutes to get the balls to do the first injection and then thought what a silly tart i was for thinking it was going to hurt, cause it doesnt really hurt aye?
Ive only had on and off headaches nothing to stress about and a bit of tiredness now and again but life is kicking along as normal.
I found a tiny bruise after first injection from squeezing the sh#$T out of my tummy (mustve been nerves) but now i just hiff it in and no marks what soever.
I have BT next tues am and hopefully start Puregon on Thurs so will update ya as i go, im usually on the infertillity thread.
oh and as you can seei waffle on about nothing hee hee
ok good luck and i think its very admirable what you are doing youre a legend
IVF#1 BFP :)

CherryBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 6:15am
TO ALL MEMBORS WHO ARE VIEWING PLEASE REPLY THANX Hi everyone, i want t explain my situation as its seems no1 has similarties to me. Im 21 and when i was 16 I was diognosed with pcos(polycystic ovaries) i got put on the contraceptive pill microgen 30 to have fake periods. However after about a year or 2 i came off the pill as i saw no reason to be on it.

Had no periods till i split up with my x boyfriend of six months, we did not use protection whilst having sexual intercourse I was 18 at this time. Not having a priod since i was 15 i was shocked to have a perid so i wondered if it was miscarriage without the pain or a scrape as I heard that can happen.
So that question sometimes still lingers in my head.

However 3 months later I had another unexspected period. Ever since then I have not had a period. All the ups and downs were getting me down so i went to docter and said i wanted to get it sorted once and for all and i dont want to be on contraceptive pill. at this time i got with my current boyfriend that im with now.

So anyway the docter sent me to the hospital and they looked at my history and ive had tons of blood tests and they found i have a higher hormone level of testorone the male hormone. They also advised me to put weight on so i did and i am now at healthy weight off 8 stone 6 pounds which went up from 6 pounds.

After about 9 months of being under the hospital they told me im now at a healthy weight and was pleased with that. They then went onto put me onto a normal used by diabetes treatment metformin. I done some research on these and found that most women with pcos on this type of treatment are over weight or have a problem keeping weight off which i have neither of these.

I felt very ill on metformin and dont believe im insulin resistant. Also this treatment makes women lose weight and why would i want to lose weight when i put so much on in the first place which they advised me to do? They only thing that is a bit dodgy is i have a small frame with a belly looking like im 5 months pregnant but i wasnt sure that was pcos related even though the local docter has said it may be and to talk to the hospital about it in my next appointment.

However i came off my metformin and wrote a letter to the hospital to tell them. Since then i have been advised by a friend to take a hebal treatment called femzone which i have been on for roughly two weeks now and so far have had no side affects or any periods but i heard it takes about 3 months for it to start working so im going to try them for about 4 months and see if they work for me.

Now i have my next appointment with the hospital 9th july and i know i have to discuss coming off metformin with them and i know i should tell them ive been using femzone. But if femzone isnt going to work for me I want to go on clomid alltho im not too sure they a diabetes department is going to describe me clomid. This is why in the letter i also asked to see and gynocologist instead. They didnt get back to me though so i guess i just have to wait to see what they say when i go for my appointment. However if i mention i am on femzone and also mention i want to try clomid, are they going to give me time to try femzone and then offer me another appointment if it dont work? Im just so confused!!!!!!

What do u all make of this?????? Any sugesstions? Anything u wanna say i'll be happy to hear it!!!!!! Also anyone else in the same situation as i havent come across any as of yet??????!!!!!!

something i forgot to mention was at the moment i am concentrating ongetting my periods reugar and ovulating then i can think off getting pregnant in the future!!!!!!
jgfjfdh
 Post Reply Post Reply