FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOne night down.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One night down.....
    Posted: 21 June 2008 at 7:09am
We did it. We have ditched the dummy! Yesterday I was sneaky and cut tiny holes in the top of Chars two remaining dummies. She then told me they were "broken" to which I said "oh baby, thats no good - do you want to throw them away?"

She wasn't keen on that so I let it be.

Then we had to go pick up Daddy and while we were in the car, she again said that they were broken. So I suggested we throw them out the window. She willingly agreed so I threw them out (well, I didn't want to litter so I pretended to then sat on them).

Since then she has been proudly telling anyone who will listen "no more dummies". We went to KMart and she was allowed to pick a present as a dummy replacement and decided on a Mega Sketcher, which she has wanted for ages.

Last night was so easy - she asked for dummy once and I reminded her we have no more dummies and she happily rolled over and went to sleep! We had no wake ups and no crying for dummy. She even woke up this morning and said to me "no dummies aye?".   Very cute!

It was brilliant - long may it continue!!

Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 8:17am
Yay!! Go you!
And what a good girl she is, accepting it so well!
Fingers crossed for more peaceful, dummy-free nights!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 8:20am

Yay.  Good on you Georgia, and well done Charlotte.

We're supposed to ditch the bottle this weekend but DH still wants it for daytime naps I've compromised and she won't get it morning or night time and I've cut the tops of the teats so the milk flows faster (unfortunately what then happens is DH goes back in and refills the bottle with juice) I think ditching the bottle is harder on him than it is on her.

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 10:16am
Yay and so easy for you
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 1:00pm
Yeah Jo - was wondering how that was going! That is our next thing - she is quite content having things out of her wiggles sippy cup so we are going to see if we can use that for milk rather than bottles. But not pushing it yet - one thing at a time!

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 2:30pm
Yah, what a good girl at giving it up so quickly & easily!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 2:52pm

Originally posted by CuriousG CuriousG wrote:

Yeah Jo - was wondering how that was going!

No probs in the morning or nightime so far.  She has a piece fruit in the morning instead of a bottle and that's working out really well.  She won't drink milk at all from her cups but we're still offering it and making sure she gets lots of cheese and yoghurt etc in the meantime to keep her calcium up.

Originally posted by curiousG curiousG wrote:

That is our next thing - she is quite content having things out of her wiggles sippy cup so we are going to see if we can use that for milk rather than bottles. But not pushing it yet - one thing at a time!

Definitely agree with one thing at a time, and the dummy thing is huge.. I'm so impressed with how well she's done.

CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by MrsMojo MrsMojo wrote:

Definitely agree with one thing at a time, and the dummy thing is huge.. I'm so impressed with how well she's done.

Yeah - me too - its purely amazing!

Post Reply Post Reply