FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhow/where do you store puzzle pieces

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how/where do you store puzzle pieces
    Posted: 22 June 2008 at 1:18pm
Cailin is the puzzle queen and because of this she got so many for her bday. I have always just stored puzzles in their own plastic bags but now we have so many and now that Cailin likes to pull them out herself we end up with pieces everywhere and 5 different puzzles all mixed in together...does anybody have a better system than me to storing all the little pieces

Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 1:42pm
Sorry, no suggestions other than maybe using containers instead of plastic bags?? Could you put marks on the back of the pieces to make sorting them easier?
Lindsey

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 2:08pm
how about storing the puzzles in a place where she can't reach, and can only have 1 at a time? are they in ziplock bags? ooh i like the idea of marks on the back too just in case they do get mixed up!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 3:41pm
Marks on the back sounds good, like a number or something... I think that might be the best way to do things. Of maybe a coloured dot and then she can be the one that helps you match them all back up again (which is only fair if she makes the mess, lol)

We have puzzles but only allowed 1 out at a time. They have them in their rooms but bring them to the lounge to do.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 4:10pm
Growing up all of our puzzles had a letter of the alphabet on the back so they could be sorted if there was more than one out - and with 3 of us girls in the house that was likely.

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 4:29pm
loving the coloured dots/marks/numbers on the back, thanks heaps, that will save heaps of time. I did think about buying some cheap containers to pop them into, think that maybe the best solution.

cheers girls

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 8:00pm
I do the ziplock bags too, and we have them all out everywhere too!    Good idea with marking the back, d'oh so simple lol

KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 9:08pm
Yeah at playcentre they are numbered so each puzzle base has a number and all the pieces have the same number on the back. Makes it alot easier when there are about 20 different puzzles emptied on the floor lol!
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 12:32pm
I number the puzzles. So start with one and then the whole first puzzle will have a one underneath each piece. It is then in a ziplock bag if it doesnt have its own box. McKayla is quite good in packing it up so each puzzle is in its own bag. She knows to look after it otherwise the puzzle goes in time out.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 1:34pm
ours are now all in the recycling bin... they just got left all over the floor no matter how many times i put them away... and hiding them never seemed to work, gabriel would sniff them out - he is a puzzle fanatic! i think he enjoyed sorting them all out too tho, i've seen him do 3 at once!

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 9:17pm
jack had been hiding 2 pieces of his bob the builder puzzle.....i couldn't find them anywhere and it was bugging me!

put his 'freshly washed' trackpants on him and put my hands in the pockets to get them siting right....guess what i found!

ruined

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 8:32pm
We have a big plastic container with all the puzzles in there
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 3:30pm
I rotate our puzzles like the toys, so there is only about 3-4 out at a time. Makes it so much easier.
 Post Reply Post Reply