FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChocolate self-saucing pudding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chocolate self-saucing pudding
    Posted: 22 June 2008 at 2:47pm
I made this the other night and oh my gosh it is sooooo good. Really easy and quick to make too, though probably not so good for the waistline

50g butter
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup castor sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
1/3 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3/4 cup brown sugar
5 tablespoons cocoa
2 cups boiling water

Melt the butter in a medium sized microwave proof pudding bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, sugar, first measure of cocoa, milk and vanilla. Do not overbeat. Mix brown sugar and second measure of cocoa together. Sprinkle over mixture in bowl.

Carefully pour the boiling water over. Cook in microwave, uncovered, on High for 12-14 mins, until centre is just cooked. Allow to stand for 5 mins before serving.

Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Sponsored Links

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 3:23pm
Yum!

These puddings are actually really low in fat - so you can enjoy it without the guilt. I used to make it all the time on WW.

It is pretty stuffed full of sugar though so beware the sugar high afterwards

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 3:31pm
Mmmmm, *drool*! I haven't made one for ages, I went thru a stage of craving it a few months ago but haven't made one since. Might just do that!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 3:35pm
Yeah it was all the sugar I was thinking about as I was pouring it in...lol....

Funny you say about the sugar high - might explain why I had crazy dreams for a couple of nights (hey, had to have the leftovers the next night ). One night I hit DH in my sleep cos I dreamt everyone was falsely accusing me of something and then he started doing it too (lol) and the next time I dreamt I expressed a bucket full of breastmilk in one go. Yes a BUCKET full. What am I, a cow?!?

But yeah. The choc pudding was flippin awesome. Nice and moist too.
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 8:07pm
It's really nice with milk!

mummy2ella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy2ella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 2:17pm

Oh yum! I know what’s for pudding tonight at my house...

Post Reply Post Reply