FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked3 wheel prams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 wheel prams
    Posted: 13 July 2008 at 9:22pm
Can anyone recommend a good 3 wheel pram? I live on a farm so it has to be pretty good off road and on road too. I realise that they will cost around $800

I've looked at the phil & teds Dash instore but now i've been reading about the maclaren mx3 and the mountain buggy urban elite and I'm not sure what would be the best kind.

I'm waiting on my BFP at this stage but wanting to start laybying the big stuff.
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 8:57am
You don't have to pay that kind of money for one. I have a bertini marine (from farmers) that I got at half price which was $200 which is always on special and it's great for off roading and pavement walking. It goes around my parents farm - or did when Daniel was little. And it's even been down the river.

Instead of buying now, you could always just put the money into a high interest savings account, that way your money can be earning money for you and it will be there for a big spend up when you do get a positive
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 9:29am
Can't recommend too many as really there are just so many - I have a P&T which i love but there are heaps of other good ones.

All i can say - is DO NOT go for one with a fixed front wheel - it will be the bane of your life - my 1st buggy had a fixed front wheel and it was so annoying having to lean on the back each time i wanted to turn. Make sure you have one that has a swivel front wheel - makes life soooo much easier!
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Mum2L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 9:37am
Even though I am expecting my first child, I would highly recommend the Mountain Buggy Urban Elite. I have used older models for my cousin's children, and they are so manouverable, sturdy, and light. I just recently brought myself a red one, in the 2008 model.

The good thing with the Urban Elite, is that the front wheel can either be fixed or moveable, with a twist of a knob on the side of the wheel. So having it fixed is good if you are walking long distances, running, or going over bumpy terrain. When the wheel is made moveable/swivelable, it is good for when you are in shopping malls or supermarkets.

The model this year also has the capacity of having the seat lie completely flat for a newborn, if are not going to use a the carrycot.

If you get one from the Baby Factory (this year's model), they are $749.95, which also includes a free rain cover as well.

gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:36pm
We haven't much of a chance to use ours yet (just around the house LOL!!) but I love our steelcraft three wheeler. front wheel can be fixed or moveable, seat goes up and down really easily (ie to lie flat for newborn) and it came with a free storm cover. plus, we got it on sale from baby factory for under $300...
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:57pm

Make sure you test drive which ever you get for weight, lifting them in and out of the car is a big part of it and some are heavier than others. We were given a mountain buggy terrain when we first had Leah which was fine as we hadn't paid for it, but I probably would have bought the Urban instead with the swivel wheel. We have sold that and bought a mothers choice one from Farmers when they were on special (and I had vouchers) as it came with a toddler seat and Leah won't be 2 by the time this one comes. The mountain buggy doesn't have a toddler seat but rather a kiddie board for them to stand on but we wanted to be able to restrain her if needed!!!

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 7:45pm
I think you should look into the MB terrain model - designed for off road use

Kiwibubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwibubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 2:05pm
I just bought a MB Urban, and LOVE it, although our little one is yet to be born!

In the store the shop assistant sold us on the Urban instead of the Urban Elite as she didnt think the extras (nappy bag, liner etc) were worth the price difference.

TTC #1 2005-2009 (PCOS)
Clomid x 4
IVF #1-BFP!
EDD- New Years Eve 2008!!
DD born 11 January 2009.
TTC #2 FET (3 embryos)

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 6:12pm
Ok here is my input.

I love my mountain buggy, i got this when Kylah was 7 months old wouldnt be without it now.
Before that i had a steelcraft 3 wheeler, and while it was great for a newborn, it got WAY to easy to tip once she hit 6 months. When going up the flat bits of gutters when your crossing the road, tipped there. When going up the steps if she moved it would tip there too. I hated it in the end.
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 6:13pm
Oh and i love the mountain buggy sleeping bag.. so snuggly.
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 10:19pm
We our Phil and Teds, but to be honest I probably wouldn't have bothered spending so much on one if I only had one child, the biggest attraction with the Phil and Teds for us is that it can take two gremlins. Had we not had twins I would probably have gottena Bertini or similar that are around $300. But for a double, the Phil and Teds is absolutely the best concept I've seen.

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 1:37pm
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my urban mountain buggy. It is so easy to steer and has been on bush tracks and is also good around town.
I am going to have to now change to a Phil and Ted as will need a double buggy. I kind of think in hindsight we should have brought a Phil and Teds in the first place but I still prefer the mountain buggies for just one child.
Like Kiwibub said I haven't been bothered by not having an urban elite - the extra features didn;t matter to us so we didn't bother paying the difference.
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 4:27pm
Mountain Buggy... Can't even BEGIN to tell you how much I love my Urban
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
 Post Reply Post Reply