FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHair and PCOS anyone??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair and PCOS anyone??
    Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:45pm

Is anyone else growing large amounts of hair were it shouldn't be on a female body???

I have a heap of hair on my neck under my check bone and today I found about 10 hairs on my chest between my boobs.

I know hair growing like that is a side effect of PCOS, but this is really starting to frive me nuts. I can't see the hairs on my chest well enough to pluck them so I have to put up with them till DH feels like attacking them.

ETA: Fixed spelling.

Edited by mummy_becks
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 10:53pm
2 of my cousins with PCOS have the same 'hairy' problem.....it randomly happens for me, mostly between my boobs and on the side of my face

VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 3:38pm
Agreed!!!... for me, other than the fertility issues being the worst side effect of PCOS... hair growth comes a close second... I'm a regular with my waxing lady
Formerly Wishin41
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 9:26pm
Yep me too!

I hate it, since being pregnant it has become so much worse as well, I got hair on my chin (eww) and for some strange reason (and don't laugh I actually think it might be to do with my giant cyst on my right ovary) I would grow more hair on the right side of my body than the left side

Seriously, my mo (hehe I know gross I do bleach it lol) is longer on the right side, my girly area grows faster on the right side, and I have longer hairs on my right side of my legs. Weird
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 9:43am
I hate it. Absolutely hate it. I had all these white hairs on my cheekbones as a teenager and my dad asked me once if I actually shaves as it was too long and too much facial hair although still white. Made me feel self concious. STarted picking up weight at about 19 and just couldnt shed it. (had anorexia and bulimia before however)

And then the hair started on my face. First it was one black one and then a few more ect.

Then when I went to see the gynae after my first mc she immediately said PCOS. Did a scan and then blood and confirmed.

The hair got a lot worse during pregnancy and afterwards and I always thought I might imagine it getting worse as time goes by. I have to remove it every day now and feel totally gross and ugly. Cant even motivate me to lose weight.

What my dr said in SA there is only two options for this. The one is really expensive medication that wont get rid of it but it will stop it from going worse. I asked about this in NZ but it is really expensive.

Other thing is wait until you have had all your kids (and then there wont be huge huge changes in hormones anymore) and go for laser hair removal. After the first few appointments and they get rid of all of it you will have to go back about once a year to 18 months for a maintenance one.

I am definately going to do this after the next baby. I just just cant wait. I also hate the hair on the boobs. Drives me freaking nuts. And makes me really self concious to the point that it is really affecting me badly and I am scared what this will do to my child one day.

Kiwibubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwibubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 1:40pm
Same here and worse now I am pregnant- I found the only that worked, before I got up the duff, was laser treatment. It can be fairly successful for hormonal hair.

When I was on the pill, I found I had reduced hair growth.

I will be back to the laser lady as soon as this wee one is out!
TTC #1 2005-2009 (PCOS)
Clomid x 4
IVF #1-BFP!
EDD- New Years Eve 2008!!
DD born 11 January 2009.
TTC #2 FET (3 embryos)

Post Reply Post Reply