FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIUI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2008 at 12:12pm
I'm thinking of doing IUI early next year too so would be great to hear your results. I was going to skip IUI and go straight for IVF but I don't think we'll be able to afford IVF for awhile and so I guess this is the next best thing, even if the odds are a lot lower. The doc did suggest taking something to make me produce more eggs but didn't say if it would be clomid or injections, is that something that comes down to personal choice and affordability?

Good luck everyone doing IUI at the moment!!
Sponsored Links

Caronz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caronz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2008 at 4:18pm
Hey everyone,
First IUI done today! what a non event that was, all over and done with in no time flat, must admit though I have spent the afternoon on the couch, dont want to over do it! worse thing about it was all the blood tests, my poor arm!
I guess we will know in a couple of weeks if it worked or not, Ill keep you posted. :c)
Caro
matenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 4:22pm

fingers crossed for you
jin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 2:26pm
hi girls
Im sooooo sad - period here today and IUI didn't work for me - im just so gutted i want to get drunk!

errrrrrrrr!!!!

i just dont understand

sorry
honeybun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 5:13pm
Hugs jin, I know how you feel, when my IUI didn't work last year I was devastated, give yourself some time your outlook will improve but I think wallowing is important too so spoil yourself with some chocolate or wine or whatever dulls the pain a little.
Mum to a gorgeous 5yr old girl and a beautiful baby boy.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 8:26pm
So sorry to hear that IUI didn't work for you jin. I hope you're sitting back and having some wine now and looking after yourself.

Good luck caro, looking forward to some news in a couple of weeks
Caronz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caronz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 3:42pm
hi ya,
I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up. the chances of IUI working are only about 22% so not expecting it to work the first time, but still taking it easy, not drinking coffee and eating like a preganant woman should. its hard cause Im not preganant but if its going to help, Ill do what ever it takes
Fingers crossed for us all
Caro
Caronz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caronz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 5:58pm
Well I guess it's time to get my hopes up!
I have had blood test and they comfirmed that I am pregnant!
I know it is still very early days and I am still being carefull, but I just thought Id post on here and let anyone else that is thinking about IUI know that it can work first time! here is to a sticky 8 months!
Good luck to you all
Caro
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 10:13pm
Wow congrats Caro. Awesome news. All the best......
Lee180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 7:21pm
Congratulations Caro
The success stories are what keep the rest of us going!!
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 9:11am
Wow!! Awesome news caro!! I'm so pleased for you and glad it worked first time
Mazza70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazza70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 4:31pm
Hi, I have good news and not-so-good news about IUI. I had 4 rounds of IUI that were unsuccessful, but then first round of IVF worked and we now have a lovely 2yo son.

Friend I met through inferftility support group had several unsuccessful rounds of IVF, but then her first go at IUI worked, and she now has a daughter!

Good luck!
M
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12