FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat I’m Doing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What I’m Doing
    Posted: 04 April 2006 at 10:22am
Ok ...had a good long talk to the hubby last night, and we realised that life has been on hold the last 10 months waiting for baby to be conceived. It looks this this month will be a bust - pre-AF cramps are coming and going(and a couple of really sharp ones actually woke me up in the wee smalls this morning! How rude!). So, I'll temp until the end of this cycle, then next cycle, no charts, no temping, no calendar watching, zippo - my ticker will be going on day one of my cycle so I'm not tempted. AND we're going on holiday. Probably not for a few months, but we're thinking maybe Fiji. My MIL thinks Brisbane, but I'm not sure. I've only been to Singapore, and travelling makes me ridiculously anxious, so somewhere closeish to home sounds good.

So, that's my plan. Let's see if I can actually stick to it!
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
Sponsored Links

shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 10:35am
What a fantastic idea Simonne - Yay Fiji you lucky thing you. Good Luck.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 10:39am
I found going on a holiday really relaxing good luck chicka
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 10:57am
Thanks guys Maybe a holiday will do the trick, who knows? Relaxing sounds heavenly though, so I intend to do a whole lot of that!! That way, once we're nice and rested, if we need to take things to the next stage, consult a Dr or whatever, we'll be ready to face it.
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:46am
if relaxing is the plan go for Fiji! Can't do anything but relax. Oz has the temptation of theme parks and shopping.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:48am
i don't want to get your hopes up simonne, but i had lots of AF cramps leading up to my missed period

fiji sounds absolutely fab right now!!! *looking out at the rain* can i carry your bags??
i think the best time to conceive is when your both totally relaxed and not thinking about it so a holiday is a great idea!!

Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 12:02pm
Thanks Jacks Mum! Well, you never know One might well have snuck past the goalie! I guess I'll know in a week or so! Wouldn't that just be the devil's luck?

I do have a pretty big suitcase actually (bought it that way for when I went to Singapore - so I could fit half of Singapore in it coming back!) ...how small do you fold up??
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 12:05pm
*Sigh* ...shopping ....

It's going to be a tough one Sarah, that's for sure ...

Shopping ...or sleeping on the beach in the sun ...

I have it so hard
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
AnnaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 12:15pm
Good plan!! Just thought I'd mention that Andy and I spent so much time focusing on TTC for a long time. In the end it was too heart breaking to continue, every month AF would arrive and I would get so sad. So we decided to stop, I enrolled to go back to uni, got a job, stopped thinking about it and whaddaya know? Baby number two arriving in October.

And a holiday sounds like a damn fine idea, Fiji or Brisbane, they both sound good to me!

Hope you enjoy the break!
Anna and Quinn 10 July 2004
www.quinnariki.blogspot.com
and one more on the way....

Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 1:11pm
A holiday sounds great. My husband and I were at one stage putting too much focus on trying to get pregnant so we decided to take the focus off and brought two mountain bikes, kayak and got into some sport and bang the next month I found out I was pregnant. I really think by focusing on other things really helps and takes the pressure off.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 1:20pm
That's what I though AnnaD and Millie. Stop focussing on it, maybe stop thinking about it and just see what happens. It's precious time too really, being just the two of us, because when we do conceive, it'll never be just us again, so I want to start making the most of it. Hopefully a baby won't take forever, but taking the focus off means that I maybe won't go around the bend in the meantime !
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Simonne Simonne wrote:

*Sigh* ...shopping ....

It's going to be a tough one Sarah, that's for sure ...

Shopping ...or sleeping on the beach in the sun ...

I have it so hard

You know there are some awesome cruises going in the coming months...shopping AND lying in the sun...what more could you want?

(big cruising fan especially since we got pregnant after ours!)

Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:07pm
Oh! Hmmmmm.....

Righto! Adding 'cruise' to the list
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:29pm
Oooohhh yay - a holiday!! That sounds like an awesome plan Simonne.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:50pm
Sounds like a good plan Simonne! I know what you mean about making the most of it being just you and your partner - even tho our bub was very planned, and a long time coming, I still feel like I didn't make the most of it being just me and Maya, and now I am so sick and grumpy that baby brother or sister is already impacting Maya's life in a big way even tho he/she is only a few mm long...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Simonne Simonne wrote:

Oh! Hmmmmm.....

Righto! Adding 'cruise' to the list

Of course the 5 course dinners every night are dangergous but who's counting?

Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 3:52pm
5 courses Paws?! Goodness ...I hope 4 of those are dessert

I'm so sorry that you're feeling crappy Emma How is Willie at doing foot massages?
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
 Post Reply Post Reply