FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhelp with test results please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with test results please
    Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:04pm
I've just got my CD2 blood test back. My GP is away the rest of the week and the nurse isn't exactly helpful!

Does anyone know what these mean?
This was a 27 day cycle and I O'd on CD17.

TSH 1.8
FSH 3.8
Estradiol <150

TIA
Sponsored Links

SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 6:24pm
Those results for CD 2 provide a "baseline" for the hormones during your cycle, so you can compare the changes that go on as your cycle progresses.

Estradiol <150 is normal during menstruation, and rises slowly during the cycle before rising sharply at ovulation, then dropping slightly again afterwards until it falls away to nothing again for the next AF.

FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - this baseline gives the indication that you're not likely to ovulate soon (funny that, CD2 and all!). It gives the clinician a lower value so they can make sure your levels rise pre-ovulation, and also to rule out premature menopause in some patients.

TSH - Thyroid Stimulating Hormone - measures how well your thyroid is working. Normal is 0.4-4.0 (off the top of my head) so yours is perfect.

Hope that helps
 Post Reply Post Reply