FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockednon alcoholic punch recipe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: non alcoholic punch recipe
    Posted: 19 October 2008 at 4:21pm
Hi
Does anyone know of a good non alcoholic punch recipe I can make for about 30 people? I've tried looking on the net but its hard to know what they'll taste like.
Thanks
Lijana

Angel Baby Aug '12, Feb '13
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 5:00pm
I just make my mum's tried and true, but it's a little different every time. Basically, make up a pot of tea and when that's cold pour into in a giant bowl and add a bottle each of lemonade and ginger ale (1.5L) and some sort of orange juice (or orange and mango, or passion orange, etc) (3L), slice up a couple of oranges and lemons and add to the bowl with lots of ice and a sprig of mint. Yummy scrummy.

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 7:20pm

I sorta do the same as well. And it came from my mum as well. Get a bottle of punch mix from the supermarket and pour half into the bowl. Add the pot of cooled tea. Add 2 1.5 litre bottles or lemonade and ginger ale (we use the budget brand). Add heaps of ice and strawberries and some mint - very yummy.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 8:53pm
I think the cooled tea punch is in an Edmonds cookbook?

I'm just happy with lemonade, ginger beer and juice
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 10:29am
I copied a friend's idea for Ella's birthday, but I'm not sure if I got the recipe right or not - tasted good anyway! A super-strong cup of tea (2 or 3 bags brewed in it), a bottle of raspberry fizzy, most of a bottle of ginger ale (can use diet, of course), however many icecubes, and a pack of those frozen mixed berries - add while still frozen. The berries float about and look funky in champagne glasses, then they taste delish after absorbing all the fizziness... don't know how they do it but they come out all tangy and lovely.
Andie
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 1:02pm
I usually do the same as busymum - with lots of sliced up oranges, lemons and strawberries. But Andie's recipe with the raspberry fizzy and berries sounds YUM so I think I will do this one next time
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply