FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSecond IVF Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383940
Author
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 6:51pm
Oh no, I'm so so sorry Tischler, its so unfair that we have to go thru so much and we don't always get the result we so desperatly want!

Big 's to you, take care of yourself and your DH.
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
Sponsored Links

Tanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 8:05pm
I'm so sorry Tischler... I really thought that this time was going to be it for you. Do you think you will try another clinic or be able to find out why the embies arent sticking?

What a roller coaster ride you have been on since May, I hope you really enjoy this time out with your DH and will have my fingers crossed that a BFP awaits you in the new year!

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 8:23pm

Thanks so much!

I don't think there's any other clinic in Christchurch so we can't go elsewhere. Last time they told us that the embies decide whether to stick or not, and there's nothing we or they can do (otherwise they'd have a 100% track record and they'd be very happy too). Sux really!

5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
Hope1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 8:00am
Tischler- so sorry for you- that really sucks. I will be thinking of you. I know what you mean about the stress and having a few months off- I hope that you look after yourselves. Please keep in touch.
IVF #1 May 09- BFP then missed miscarriage at 8 weeks
TER Oct 09 BFN
IVF#2 Dec 09 BFN (1 emby only)
IVF #3 Donor- June 10 BFN (1 emby only!)
IVF #4 Donor- Nov 26th- 2 embies on board!
mtjt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtjt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:09pm
Hi Tischler - my thoughts are with you at this very sad time.. i know how you must be feeling..

Hey, if you can get a 2nd opinion i sure would try..maybe you can call another clinic they may provide an over the phone consult if its out of town?? worth a try huh??

Happy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:36pm
Hi girls
Tischler I'm so sad for you it was a negative result that truely sux big time!! It just doesn't get any easier!! You enjoy life for a few months with out worring about ivf if that can at all be possible it's alway's at the back of our heads....

AFM I'm at day 2 of the gonal injections time is draggging by so slow.... i also can't get my head around the fact that this will be my 7th transfer grrrr please work please work!!

Hi to everyone else
Me 34 mod endo ,DP 35
August 08 IVF #1 BFN,
October 08 TER#1 BFP (hcg 25 - BFN),
November 08 TER #2 BFN,
June 09 IVF #2 BFN,
July 09 TER # 1 BFN
Aug 09 TER #2 BFN
NovI 09 IVF #3

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 3:58pm

Thanks happy - I do know what you mean about always being in the back of your mind!

I hope IVF cycle #3 is 3rd time lucky for you  Good luck.

Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
Tanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 6:10pm
Hi everyone
I'm really happy to be able to join you on this thread - TER booked in for Monday.

Its been a roller coaster ride already with my 1st IVF going all the way to transfer before they found no opening to the uterus so "Bill and Bob" had to be put on ice.

So have just recovered from my op and went to clinic today to do a 'mock transfer' which went well(ie they got the catheter needle in) so just have to do that for real on Monday and get those little embies in!

Tischler - I agree with Mtjt about calling another clinic, I have heard of others changing clnics after no sucess and getting their much wanted BFP! good luck!

Edited by Tanners
Happy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 6:53pm
Hi Tanner's
I also have problems with my transfer's and have to have a mock transfer, before the real transfer's ... I find it really quite painful.

I hope this is the one for you
Me 34 mod endo ,DP 35
August 08 IVF #1 BFN,
October 08 TER#1 BFP (hcg 25 - BFN),
November 08 TER #2 BFN,
June 09 IVF #2 BFN,
July 09 TER # 1 BFN
Aug 09 TER #2 BFN
NovI 09 IVF #3

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 7:08pm

Do you really think calling another clinic would work? Where would we call? We are in ChCh. I would have thought that doing a phone consult would result in the 'we can do better come up to us' and there's no way we can afford to do anymore let alone time off to go elsewhere etc.

I'm about to approach DH about going to a natural fertility clinic and trying to do the realm of tests they do and supplements etc as required prior to our next transfer - even if it doesn't help our fertility probs it would definitely help our lifestyle and candidiasis etc we suffer from!

Tanners, I'm so pleased you are finally at this stage - GL x 100!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383940